OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Zink Wicked Pot Call

Started by jhcats10, March 05, 2014, 08:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhcats10

Anyone have any experience running these yet? I'm in the market for a new pot call and would like some feedback.

scoot12

The wicked slate is one fine sounding slate,  it is slate over an aluminum soundboard and has a little different sound then a normal slate,  it also has a little piece of acrylic on the back that does some awesome early morning tree talk.  Scoot

TN Beard Buster

Look into Dead End Game Calls. They make some awesome calls and they are a 3 year old Christian based company ran by some awesome people. I just made Pro Staff with them. If you call, tell them Kevin Currin sent you.

Turkey Trot

Quote from: scoot12 on March 05, 2014, 09:13:09 PM
The wicked slate is one fine sounding slate,  it is slate over an aluminum soundboard and has a little different sound then a normal slate,  it also has a little piece of acrylic on the back that does some awesome early morning tree talk.  Scoot

Does it come out of the blister pack with indications that it was run and tuned before being packed and shipped? 

I am curious because Zink's prices its calls at custom call levels and I don't know how much custom work and tuning is done on them.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

scoot12

I was lucky and had Scott Wilhelm pick my out one from his store,  Scott is the 2010 grand national friction calling champ.  Scoot

jdavenp3

I have a few Cabelas bucks so I think I am going to try the crystal. Seems to have a lot of little additions that push the price up and everyone I have heard talk about it has said the rear ''sweet spot'' and striker conditioner is actually worthwhile and not just for giggles...

jdavenp3

Has anyone else tried this call out yet?

mossyoakpro

I actually prefer the slate to the Crystal in the Wicked Series....I use the Power Hen Series and have for several years now.

Can't go wrong with Zink IMO
Phillippians 4:13

nitro

Pass. Tons of better options out there than Zink.

Go spend your money on a call from a true Custom call manufacturer.
Royal Slam 2008

jdavenp3

Have you used the call or are you just passing because it seems like the thing to do? Not to single you out but there seems mob mentality regarding the use of "mass marketed/non custom" calls on this site.

I understand that sometimes you can get a custom call for cheaper, better quality control, etc. I just wish we could get some unbiased information. I don't think that because someone labels themselves a custom call maker that they are impervious to bad quality, bad service, or just plain bad calls.

With that said, I have ordered this call. I am interested to see how it runs in comparison to some of my quality custom calls. I am far, far from a call aficionado. I just don't want to dismiss something because it may not be custom. I will also be the first to admit if it outright sucks.

Also, no disrespect to you at all Nitro. Your post just gave me a jumping point to get my opinion across.

L.F. Cox

Quote from: jdavenp3 on March 10, 2014, 12:50:00 AM
I don't think that because someone labels themselves a custom call maker that they are impervious to bad quality, bad service, or just plain bad calls.

Truer words were never spoken.....

mossyoakpro

jdavenp3,

You will enjoy the call....pay no attention to the negativity.  He has the best of everything, don't think so?  Just ask him.

There is a reason he has been banned from most forums....and you just got a taste of it.

Have a great season!!
Phillippians 4:13

jhcats10

Quote from: jdavenp3 on March 10, 2014, 12:50:00 AM
Have you used the call or are you just passing because it seems like the thing to do? Not to single you out but there seems mob mentality regarding the use of "mass marketed/non custom" calls on this site.

I understand that sometimes you can get a custom call for cheaper, better quality control, etc. I just wish we could get some unbiased information. I don't think that because someone labels themselves a custom call maker that they are impervious to bad quality, bad service, or just plain bad calls.

With that said, I have ordered this call. I am interested to see how it runs in comparison to some of my quality custom calls. I am far, far from a call aficionado. I just don't want to dismiss something because it may not be custom. I will also be the first to admit if it outright sucks.

Also, no disrespect to you at all Nitro. Your post just gave me a jumping point to get my opinion across.

Don't forget to give us some feedback on the call when you receive it!!! Thanks

2much2loud

My crystal just came in from cabelas back order today.... Not sure about the custom part but could tell it was played at factory to ensure quality... Call sounds really good with the supplied diamond wood striker...but some of my other strikers didn't sound as good with it...still good and will call turkey's all day... Maybe it's just that the supplied striker sounded real good... Over all I would buy again ... Like the built in striker conditioner and sweet spot

jdavenp3

Saying that you would buy it again is about the highest praise you can give a product in my mind. So thanks for that 2much. I was very interested in the Dymondwood striker and it was a tipping point that swayed me to buying this call. A lot of people that I trust have said Dymondwood really pushes pots to another level in sound quality.

Also it is good to hear that they test at the factory to ensure quality. You have a picture? I have seen two different shades to the crystal call and was wondering which best represents it.