turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

YouTube and public land - a different direction

Started by POk3s, May 04, 2021, 08:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POk3s

A month or so ago I inserted myself into quite the little tussle on the "YouTube and public land" discussion. To keep it short, I understand both sides and even agreed to go onto my old videos and delete the state names from the titles, even though I'm a relative nobody. This, however, inevitably equates to less views, subscribers, likes, etc as people aren't able to search for the state their heading to, and the hunting that takes place in that state.

I'm simply hoping to walk the line in my little project titled "The Spur Road". I go around and hunt turkeys on public land but never say what state I'm in, wma I'm on, or anything of the sort. I just hunt. If this sounds much more along the lines of what you'd be interested in, please give the video a watch. It would be great to have your support with this style of series! If you like it SO MUCH that you share it with your family and friends, I wouldn't, at all, be mad! ;) thank you.
-Trent

https://youtu.be/F5hEwuh5l-k

TonyTurk

Liked and subbed!  Trent, that was great, thanks for sharing your hunts with us!

And if you wanted to share the location with me I wouldn't, at all, be mad either!   :TooFunny:

Yoteduster

Good video thanks for sharing and congrats on your birds

POk3s

Quote from: TonyTurk on May 04, 2021, 09:48:04 PM
Liked and subbed!  Trent, that was great, thanks for sharing your hunts with us!

And if you wanted to share the location with me I wouldn't, at all, be mad either!   :TooFunny:

Thank you Tony! I'm glad you enjoyed it! As for the location...well, I've already forgot ;) .

POk3s

honker22

Enjoyed the video Trent.  What's your camera setup?  I'd like to film some of my kids hunts.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

POk3s

Quote from: honker22 on May 05, 2021, 11:02:12 AM
Enjoyed the video Trent.  What's your camera setup?  I'd like to film some of my kids hunts.

Thanks for watching! I appreciate it greatly!

It's a Sony ax53. They retail for about $1000 but I bought mine used on eBay for under $700. Pair it with a shotgun mic and all is good!

catman529

Quote from: POk3s on May 05, 2021, 12:58:18 PM

It's a Sony ax53. They retail for about $1000 but I bought mine used on eBay for under $700. Pair it with a shotgun mic and all is good!
That is a good camera. I use a stereo mic on mine. The touchscreen quit working so I gotta get it repaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

POk3s

Quote from: catman529 on May 06, 2021, 04:35:30 PM

That is a good camera. I use a stereo mic on mine. The touchscreen quit working so I gotta get it repaired.

Catman, I sent you a message on Instagram asking about it specifically. Thanks for the reply as it talked me into buying it! The screen in mine is pixelated (white dots) but for used it's getting the job done!

POk3s

catman529

Quote from: POk3s on May 07, 2021, 10:43:03 PM

Catman, I sent you a message on Instagram asking about it specifically. Thanks for the reply as it talked me into buying it! The screen in mine is pixelated (white dots) but for used it's getting the job done!
The white dots are focus peaking. It highlights everything that is in focus. You can change the color of the peaking, or you can turn it off altogether. It's in the settings somewhere, don't remember exactly how to do it but I could find it pretty quick if my touchscreen was working.

POk3s

Quote from: catman529 on May 07, 2021, 11:15:02 PM
Quote from: POk3s on May 07, 2021, 10:43:03 PM

The white dots are focus peaking. It highlights everything that is in focus. You can change the color of the peaking, or you can turn it off altogether. It's in the settings somewhere, don't remember exactly how to do it but I could find it pretty quick if my touchscreen was working.

Thanks cat!! I'll do some looking!