OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

________________OT:Any Health and Nutrition "freaks" on OG?

Started by gatrapper, May 20, 2011, 08:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Anyone besides myself big into working out and nutrition? 
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

guesswho

I lift four days a week and have for about 35 years.  The nutrition part hasn't been going as well the last five years or so ;D
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

BrowningGuy88

I lifted 4 days a week and ran 3 or 4 miles everyday in high school. Went to college and got fat!!!! ??? :o :'(

Just got my P90X disc set and signed up for a Martial Arts class two nights per week. I gotta get motivated! A good buddy takes the MA class so I have somebody to hold me to being there.

Haven't quite got back to the nutritious healthy eating, but I am trying. My goals are attainable, but I got to get to work.

keyser12ga

I've unfortunately gotten out of the habit lately.  I started doing the primal blueprint and have lost about 20lb over turkey season.  Another 10 to go before I'm back at my healthy weight.

stinkpickle

Nutrition?  I try.  :)

Workout?  Yes.  I take (and teach) cardio kickboxing classes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday....and resistance training classes every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

mikejd

I train 5-6 days a week weights only no cardio( unfortunately) for as of 4/1 started my 18 th consecutive yr (100% natural wich is more than I can say for most of my friends) anyway I am about 80% with my diet I cheat when need be. I have come to no myself pretty well I can fluctuate my weight as necessary. I dropped 20 just prior to my 5/1 turkey season cause this stuff can put a hurting on you much worse than deer season. No sleep, walk-in a million miles just to get no gobbles, another million back to truck and need I say more. Anyway the training thing for me is more a way of  life I'm 35 so I have been doing it for half so its just like work I go to gym every night like a machine. I don't even no if its fun anymore just have to do it.uu

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Gobble!

i walk to the fridge to get beer every night
does that count?

gatrapper

Im in the gym twice a day 7 days a week.  Weights 5 days a week.

Afternoon is weights, late evening is cardio.

On off weight days is AM and PM cardio. 

Big into nutrition as well.

cahaba

I used to be serious at working out. Im 53 yrs old now and its hard to maintai the energy levels. When I did work out I would consume 3500 calories a day. Not braggin but I got up to a 21" bicep and 52" chest. Arnold Swartznegger had a 23" bicep. I did it all natural but I did take creotin. Its good stuff. Dont know if it has any side effects or not. I ate a dozen egg whites daily and 24 oz. of tuna/ Natures perfect food.

gatrapper

m trying to bulk up, but my body just doesn't want too. 

Im 6'3 185 and all I can get is really cut.  Can't put any mass on. 

lking

Wrestling coach, clinician all summer long at a school of wrestling, lift 3x per week, run 2x per week, 38 years old and things are catching up real fast! >:(

Try to be fairly healthy but beer is my downfall.... :P

stinkpickle

Quote from: gatrapper on May 20, 2011, 10:45:57 PM
m trying to bulk up, but my body just doesn't want too. 

Im 6'3 185 and all I can get is really cut.  Can't put any mass on. 

So...you're doing cardio once a day for five days, and then twice a day for the remaining two???  Try keeping your weights schedule, BUT cut back to no more than three cardio sessions per week.  Also, maintain your caloric intake.  You should start bulking up.

gatrapper

Right now Im not in a bulking stage.  I have some stomach fat I need to lose so I am cutting until I drop the needed weight. 

stinkpickle

It might sound counter-intuitive, but shifting the focus to bulking up the larger muscle groups might be a better way of attacking belly fat, especially if you're 6'3"/185lbs.  Your body is trying adjust itself to better handle the massive cardio load you're putting on it by storing extra fat.