Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Gobbler Down in California

Started by Hayudog, April 29, 2024, 11:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayudog

I've been abnormally inactive here. Had a knee replacement mid March. Thought I'd be up the hill by mid April, but not the case.

So, after physical therapy today at 0845, I said to he!! With it.  Went to the ranch...  Drove to the top of the hill, threw out the blind and a chair, and ditched the truck around the uphill corner.

Ran the call at o930. Nothing. Didn't expect anything, was just tired of not going. I brought my Kindle, so every chapter I'd run the box. By 1100 not a peep, so I got out of the hot box, walked 20 yards to call down the canyon. Got cut off by multiple gobbles. I figured less than a 100 yards down the timbered ravin. Gobblers hang out there when it heats up.  I hustled back to the blind figuring they'd be here in minutes. But late season, I think they're over the prime time.  It took over an hour for them to show up. 8 jakes and 1 gobbler.

Short of it, it took a bit to get him clear of his gang of heathens. .410 did just fine again.

He scored 65.875. I'll post up the required documentation.  If not tonight, tomorrow. 
Well... maybe not. Photo won't load, I'll try another way.

Hope all is well. Hope I can get out again looking to upgrade.

Cheers all.

Hayudog

Hayudog

The band of heathens... they'll be long beards next year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WildSpur

Nice!  Way to get back at it!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Will

Congratulations! That is a nice bird.

Twowithone

Awesome hunt there Hayudog you stuck it out you were determined thats how things get done good job. :z-guntootsmiley:  :z-guntootsmiley:  :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

RutnNStrutn

The .410 pop gun strikes again!!  :fud: :turkey:
Way to stick with it Doug!! Congrats!!  :icon_thumright:

TrackeySauresRex

WTG Dawggy! Congrats on a good one. Wishing you a speedy recovery my OG brother. Hopefully this gets us going here. Our page has been quiet. My luck has not been that great. But I'm still at it.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

suburbhunter

YES SIR!!! Nice one! Congrats!!!  :turkey2:

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Hayudog

Thanks.  Looks like I'm done here in Cali.  Hunted yesterday with my daughter, never heard a gobble. I think they've turned off. Breeding season most likely is done. Glad I could post a bird for the team. Carryon team, we've got a few slots to fill!

Dr Juice

Mountainburd

Congrats Hayudog! Really nice bird. I bet it felt good after being sidelined.