OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Second year in a row I’ve shot a double!

Started by texasturkeygirl, March 26, 2018, 03:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

texasturkeygirl

Thanks for all the congratulations!  It helped to have my husband calling for me. After I shot the first bird, he ran a fighting purr on a pot call to bring the second bird back.

Meatseeker

fallhnt

Congrats on a good hunt

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

High plains drifter

GobbleNut

Great picture!  Love the big smile!  Too many of us "macho" guys seem to think that someone will come take our "man card" away if we don't have some kind of serious look on our faces in photos.  Personally, I'll take the big smile all day long.   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Congratulations on a couple of fine gobblers!  Good for you!

eggshell

Looks like two very nice birds, congrats. We can only kill one per day, but I got a double in Oklahoma a few years ago and it was a fond memory.....

kjnengr

Congrats girl on the double.  Those are two fine birds.   :happy0064:  Sounds like you and your husband make a good team.

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 27, 2018, 08:16:21 AM
Great picture!  Love the big smile!  Too many of us "macho" guys seem to think that someone will come take our "man card" away if we don't have some kind of serious look on our faces in photos.  Personally, I'll take the big smile all day long.   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Agreed. I like the big smile as well.  I really don't get the serious, "tough guy" picture when posed with animals.  Be happy.  You just killed an awesome animal.  Be proud of it.  I know you were smiling just a couple seconds ago. 

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Dr Juice

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

idgobble

Congratulations!  Please tell us the whole story: gun, ga., distance, did he come in with the other Tom, the more details the better.

Here's one my wife got a couple years ago in Idaho. 20 ga., #6 shot, 21 yards. I was calling and he ran out of some woods into a field about 400 yards away and gobbled at us.  I started calling and he ran the whole way to us, gobbling the whole way! Took him about 2 minutes. We had him in sight almost the whole way except when he was running thru some tall weeds a couple times. Very exciting!  She was real cool about it, though.  I was the one who was getting a bad case of turkey fever! Beautiful Spring day, about 10AM.  I had already called in one that saw her when she moved and he turned and ran. I called in a second one but he circled and came in on the side and spotted us about thirty yards away the same time we saw him. She didn't get the gun up fast enough and he got away. She was discouraged and wanted to quit but I said let's go over to that hillside and give it one more try, I bet there's another one around. 15 minutes later I was taking this picture!

Rio Fan