turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Problems with Mueller

Started by Belo83, April 14, 2015, 11:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belo83

I purchased a Mueller reflex in 2011 after reading all the great reviews. Upon sighting it in the glass cracked. Mueller was great about shipping out a new one at no cost.

Fast forward to this past weekend I had 2 jakes at my decoys (illegal in MS) but put the gun on them for giggles. Noticed the sight seemed off when putting the reticule on them. She patterned fine in the spring and hasn't had any abuse. I tapped the glass and the reticule shifted. So I believe it became loose during the spring patterning.

I shoot an 835 and 3.5" hevi-13's. Are these shells just too much for this type of sight? Mueller has offered to "help me out" after I send it in, but I'd be mighty pissed if I missed on a Tom. Thinking maybe a bushnell trs25 is in order and the tube might handle the recoil better, because I really don't prefer iron sights.

any thoughts?

MACHINIST

Damn it belo!!!! I just bought one from your recomendation!!!LOL Did you get in touch with Meuller?

alloutdoors

$100 optics always seem to work great, right up until they don't. In my opinion you can either replace it with something in the same class, like the Bushnell, and quite possibly be back here reporting another issue in a few years, or you can spend more money now on something like a FastFire or similar and have peace of mind later. In my experience, paying for quality up front is generally more cost effective in the long run.

MACHINIST

Im still not sure on the red dot for turkeys.I have a Simmons turkey scope and am debating taking the redt dot off and replacing it wit that as I shoot scopes on all my other guns.Just seams more natural to me i guess

turkey_slayer

Quote from: alloutdoors on April 15, 2015, 12:57:58 PM
$100 optics always seem to work great, right up until they don't. In my opinion you can either replace it with something in the same class, like the Bushnell, and quite possibly be back here reporting another issue in a few years, or you can spend more money now on something like a FastFire or similar and have peace of mind later. In my experience, paying for quality up front is generally more cost effective in the long run.
Well said

the Ward

I have been running a Trs 25 for a couple of years now. Been on my Vinci and now it's on my 10, never lost zero and it has been thru a lot of rounds patterning and choke testing on both guns plus hard hunting. Still on original battery from 3 years ago. I think it's probably one of the best sights in the $100 range. That being said, my Wife and Son got me a FF3 last year for my birthday and it's awesome. It now rides on the vinci with a 336 mount and it's the perfect sight for a turkey gun. Sorry to hear about your troubles with the Mueller,  they sound like a stand up company for trying to take care of the problem. Heard a lot of good reviews about that sight here, maybe just a lemon made it thru Q.C. Hope you get it all fixed for season!

lr308

I have both, like the fastfire a tad better. But if you read enough the fastfire has had more negatives said about it than the trs 25.Not many on either. They are both great sights

Greg Massey

Ive had throw trs25 on one of my guns and its a great sight for the money. I paid around 79.00 dollars for mine of amazon last year before turkey season and I'm 2 for 2 with it killing turkeys. My main turkey gun has a nikon turkey pro scope mounted on it ... best scope for turkey hunting.

Belo83

Quote from: MACHINIST on April 14, 2015, 11:39:35 AM
Damn it belo!!!! I just bought one from your recomendation!!!LOL Did you get in touch with Meuller?

I know man... and I bought it after all the rave reviews here. I still think it's a great sight and it's dropped birds for me. But I would hope for a longer life than 3 seasons. Maybe it's just the shock from the 3.5's...

I did send it out for repair/replacement. Will find out soon what they want for the fix.

Belo83

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 16, 2015, 06:40:31 PM
Ive had throw trs25 on one of my guns and its a great sight for the money. I paid around 79.00 dollars for mine of amazon last year before turkey season and I'm 2 for 2 with it killing turkeys. My main turkey gun has a nikon turkey pro scope mounted on it ... best scope for turkey hunting.

I picked up the camo version for the same off amazon. Going to pattern her tonight. When I want on bushnell's website they claim most of their products are backed by a lifetime limited warranty. Upset to see this one only has a 1 year warranty versus Mueller's 3.

mr perfect

well  the burris fast fire three is lifetime i am happy so far  with mine .

MACHINIST

Quote from: Belo83 on April 17, 2015, 01:59:43 PM
Quote from: MACHINIST on April 14, 2015, 11:39:35 AM

I know man... and I bought it after all the rave reviews here. I still think it's a great sight and it's dropped birds for me. But I would hope for a longer life than 3 seasons. Maybe it's just the shock from the 3.5's...

I did send it out for repair/replacement. Will find out soon what they want for the fix.

Let me know what they say,I am going to use mine this year.If I dont like it I will replace it with a scope