turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Damp/Humid Weather Pot Calls

Started by Full_Fan, February 28, 2017, 11:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full_Fan

I have tried a bunch of crystal pot calls with various acrylic or graphite strikers over the years and just can't seem to find a combination that works well in warm, damp, humid conditions.  Looking for recommendations on a specific call and striker that works well in wet conditions.  I don't need an expensive custom call, just something simple from that works well.  Thanks for any recommendations.

MK M GOBL

I've used an aluminum with a carbon or acrylic striker.

MK M GOBL

1iagobblergetter

I pair slate up with a carbon striker and glass up with an aluminum.

PALongspur

Al Holbert's Wet One in either glass or slate with Al's striker.

Dustin Jones makes a fantastic waterproof striker that will play any surface you want.

yelpy

Yingling's fiber rod striker and Al Holbert's (Enticer) corian pots are waterproof calls made to run wet. I been playing around with a few and found Mikes fiber rod to work the best for me and was recommended by a few guys here on OG. His copper pots play simple easy with that fiber rod too!!!!!

Halloran makes a striker that will run wet also. It was another that was recommended to me.

Browning87

I use my yingling fiber rod striker on all my calls when it's damp. As others have mentioned it really works well on aluminum

Dr Juice

Quote from: Browning87 on March 01, 2017, 06:06:35 AM
I use my yingling fiber rod striker on all my calls when it's damp. As others have mentioned it really works well on aluminum
X2

pauld

I live in the south georgia swamp where humid and damp is more the norm than not. I use my ceramic with a carbon or weather proof striker on those mornings with no issue. Even on 90% humidity days I have no issues running a ceramic surface with a regular striker. Also I find a little rain chalk on your Aluminum calls really helps.

model94

Also Holbert calls. Wet One Classic and the Thunder Extreme Aluminum both in  Corian Pots.

Happy hooker

Wouldn't Darin dawkins plastic pots calls work well for this,,with a non wood striker.

sixbird

I see Pecker Wrecker is making a waterproof striker...Haven't tried it but I know Kevin makes good stuff...
Rain chalk on your striker, as someone mentioned, would be an idea...

Full_Fan

Great suggestions guys.  Looks like I have a few options to explore.  Thanks!

southern_leo

I'll second pecker wrecker. I played it last year at NWTF. I liked it vs other waterproof strikers. Main thing I liked is that it's not just a dipped tip like some, and I'm not crazy about hollow carbon type either. I plan to purchase a pecker wrecker this year.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Cane creek cotton mouth or pecker wrecker. both play well wet or dry. I have 2 trice pots in acrylic and 2 dawkins pots in plastic. put them under the faucet and ran them with water drenching them and all sound pretty dang nice. They will definately call turkeys , no doubt.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Full_Fan

Anybody have a phone number or email address for Mike Yingling?  I don't do FB.  Thanks.