turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ted Peters pot calls

Started by thuber, January 05, 2017, 07:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thuber

Anyone ever use a Ted Peters pot call? I just bought a flare tip striker from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunter22

Here are a couple of his older Sweet Lips slate calls that were made in the late 90s. Outstanding calls. He made a run of pot calls a couple years ago and I have a glass pot call from that run.

MK M GOBL

I have a Shady Lady Glass Call

Not in use much anymore, has it's spot in my call collection

MK M GOBL

thuber

He's started to make strikers and he said he's going to make some pots in limited quantities.

3bailey3

Hey Hunter I have the final  edition set that is numbered, why is the one you have not numbered

outdoors

HE MAKES A REALLY GOOD TRUMPET CALL ALSO ...........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

hunter22

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 05, 2017, 08:21:51 PM
Hey Hunter I have the final  edition set that is numbered, why is the one you have not numbered

No idea.

3bailey3

Hey Hunter I just went and looked it mine made on the same date, my guess is he must have numbered the sets and made some more individual calls. I just ran them with a Lyman striker, man I forgot what a awesome call!

Zilla

Thurber, would you happen to have contact info for him. I lost my 20 year old striker this past spring and would love to replace it. Thank!

outdoors

HEY he has some striker listed on eBay now
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

thuber

Quote from: Zilla on January 07, 2017, 06:42:20 AM
Thurber, would you happen to have contact info for him. I lost my 20 year old striker this past spring and would love to replace it. Thank!
I sent him a PM in Facebook.

thuber

Zilla

PALongspur

His strikers (at least the older ones) are AWESOME!! I remember his old magazine ad said they would make a good call great and I've found that's almost always the case!

I was lucky enough to get one of his older glass calls in a trade years ago, it's a smoker. I also bought one of the limited sets a few years back. Unfortunately, the glass call showed up badly damaged and couldn't be replaced.

Nice to hear he's going to make calls again!

Tom Threetoes

His strikers are the best I'm glad to hear he's back in business.