turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SwapFox KingSlayer

Started by NightHawk24, February 21, 2023, 07:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightHawk24

Was looking at picking up a red dot for my 301 and really like how the KingSlayer looks. Was just curious what experiences you guys have had with this sight? Which dot did you like the most? How well did it handle the recoil?

Greg Massey

Quote from: NightHawk24 on February 21, 2023, 07:39:37 PM
Was looking at picking up a red dot for my 301 and really like how the KingSlayer looks. Was just curious what experiences you guys have had with this sight? Which dot did you like the most? How well did it handle the recoil?
For the money it's really a nice dot sight... I have 2 of them with the green circle dot and have had no problems with them ... they also have a good battery compartment ...  I do like the green circle dot over the red ...

Birddog1

I just bought one with green circle dot and I also bought a Holosun 507c with green circle dot.  The swampfox is very high quality but doesn't have the bells and whistles of the Holosun. The 65 MOA circle on the kingslayer seems clearer than the 32 MOA circle on the Holosun.  Overall it's excellent and you won't go wrong getting one. 

Edit - I realized this morning that you have to be careful when attaching the sight to the base - you need to watch how much you tighten it down.  I had to barely tighten it otherwise it will not turn on.  I was using a Wheeler fat wrench set to 15/in lbs. It was set based on the Holosun specs.  It's kind of finicky that way and I would definitely add blue thread locker to this one but I think I'm keeping the Holosun although the $187 difference is a big pill to swallow. 

btomlin

I have a red dot and a green circle dot.  Red is one my 12 and green is on my .410.   I have had no issues with either.  The green is clearer to MY eye as I have a slight astigmatism.   I have not noticed the issue that BD was referencing regarding the tightening.

The auto brightness would be the only feature that I feel I miss but sight easily adjusts.

Greg Massey

Agree with the 2 i have, I've not had that problem either with mounting it to the rail...interesting ...

Birddog1

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 22, 2023, 10:49:59 AM
Agree with the 2 i have, I've not had that problem either with mounting it to the rail...interesting ...

I'm going to contact Swampfox.  Maybe I just have a bad one and I really like it.  If it wasn't for this issue I'd probably keep it over the Holosun.  Heck, I could buy 2 Kingslayers for the price of 1 Holosun. 

Another edit - I just spoke to their customer service. He said this isn't how it should work and the 15/in lbs is within their specs.  He was very helpful and asked that I email so their RMA team could work with me on this.