OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tagged out in Louisiana.

Started by Tomfoolery, April 01, 2012, 01:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomfoolery

Lightning struck twice. Me and my buddy went out to his lease this morning. After hunting half a day yesterday and seeing and hearing birds givin us the runaround we decided to give it another go this morning. After a late night at a buddy's house we were both debating whether to go but we did. We get there and go out on a foodplot and set up a ground blind where we had seen two birds yesterday hoping to get a chance at a double. Well it was foggy and nothing was saying anything this Mornin not even the crows. After good daylight a couple birds started to fire FARRRR. Well both hungover we said we ain't movin!! We sat tight and listened to em gobble in their trees but we never could get a good bearing on em cuz they were so far. So I gave a call and nothing answered but he would gobble about every 5 minutes. After a while I made another call with no answer. But a couple minutes later he gobbled and sounded a bit closer. Few minutes later he gobbled again and we was sayin that turkey has to be gettin close. Then he gobbled again LOUD! I peeked out the window and see him coming down the right of way. The position the bird was coming from it woulda been a tough maneuver for my buddy so he tole me just to shoot him and he was gonna video. So we let him come in and he stopped at a ditch and we decided it was time. Delivered another hevi metal 2-1/4oz of
#6s to him.
9.5" beard 5/8" spurs 19pounds.

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

JVA54

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

handcannon

Congratulations ! Nothing worste than eating tag soup.

boomer

Congrats!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

timbrhuntr

Mainer

Your a Turkey killin' machine now....congrats on another nice bird  :icon_thumright:

Tomfoolery

Thanks guys. It's agood feeling being tagged out.  :z-guntootsmiley:

Clif Owen