OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Blackhills tag??

Started by Hobbes, May 13, 2020, 11:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

How fast have you gotten a Blackhills tag in the mail this year?

GobbleNut

I know nothing about it other than to point out that, depending on the state, nonresident license sales were suspended because of the virus concerns. ....Don't know if this is applicable to your question or not, Hobbes....

Gooserbat

Quote from: Hobbes on May 13, 2020, 11:21:11 AM
How fast have you gotten a Blackhills tag in the mail this year?

I called Monday and was told to expect 10 days

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Hobbes

I hope sooner than that, but I'm going as soon as it shows up.  It's a last minute decision, so I'll just have to take the beating if it takes too long.

I'm in scramble mode right now.  Season is ending in MT and I've not hunted nearly enough.

POk3s

You couldn't have bought it in state, or get a duplicate once you get there???

Hobbes

You have to order online or purchase in Pierre .  I'm not sure if you can walk into their office now and purchase

AndyN

Picked up a leftover prairie tag and it came in 3 days.

Hobbes

Quote from: AndyN on May 13, 2020, 12:22:56 PM
Picked up a leftover prairie tag and it came in 3 days.

That sounds promising.  I did that once for my first Western bird back in 01 or 02 when I still lived back East.

hootgobbleyelpgobble

It is possible to have it printed in state but is an act of Congress and some luck right now with all the state offices closed. We rolled the dice on a last minute trip there this year and didn't realize the licenses took 7-10 days to arrive. Started calling around and got someone at a license dealer that would print the tags if we got the state office to approve the duplicate tags and fax something over to them. It was like $25-30 extra to have tags printed at the store.

My suggestion is to find someone willing to print the tag in the area you are going, get all their info to pass along and then call the state licensing line. It took us several calls to get squared away. 

Hobbes

Kygobblergetter

I just purchased my black hills tag and it was all the way to Kentucky in 4 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobbes

Quote from: Kygobblergetter on May 14, 2020, 03:57:33 PM
I just purchased my black hills tag and it was all the way to Kentucky in 4 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds good

simpzenith

Here's the work around and we did this last week in SD. Purchase your permit online, go to a Cabela's in state and have them print you a replacement permit. You can use it while you're there. The unused original tag MUST be mailed back to the SDGF&P once you return home.

Hobbes

Quote from: simpzenith on May 15, 2020, 09:04:30 AM
Here's the work around and we did this last week in SD. Purchase your permit online, go to a Cabela's in state and have them print you a replacement permit. You can use it while you're there. The unused original tag MUST be mailed back to the SDGF&P once you return home.

Thanks Shane.  I'm hoping it shows up by Friday next week to avoid all of that, but it's good to have some backup plans.

simpzenith

You're welcome. SDGFP is good about getting permits mailed out promptly. All of my tags have shown up within a few days of purchasing them online.