OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Slate Call

Started by wcerin, March 06, 2015, 09:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jgarrett

I do like my hot hen, but man my new Platz maple slate is sounding purdt good right now
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

KansasGobbler

Strick9

Gotta be Lonnies Hot Hen for me.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Tom Dooley

I love my Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen and would probably cry if something ever happened to it. I bought a Houndstooth Slate at the convention and I am blown away by this call. it has awesome volume , very sharp cuts, but it also has the softer calling and ease of play that you expect in a slate. I have a Paul Platz cherry slate on the way and I am expecting great things from it.

ridgerunner

Well I've called a ton of birds in with my Larry Gresser Hackberry Slate..I have a couple new slate calls I recently purchased that I'm starting to really like..one is Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen..I like to let the turkeys be the judge so we'll see how the Hot Hen does in the next several years..but so far my Gresser Hackberry slate call outshines any other slate I've used since 1993 when I started this addiction...I have a feeling the Hot Hen is gonna give it a run for the money in future years though.

TarheelTurk

Have a Bradford Pear I made about 3 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

clr

I just ordered an Olin Humphries slate.  Mineralized poplar.  I hope it becomes my favorite, 'cause my favorite came up missing, along with a hoot and a crow call.

Gooserbat

Like any call builder I'm partial to my own, but my favorite that's not mine is a Mulberry Lights Out I had Wendell build for me.  Super sweet call.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Fightingscot

DawgsFan1

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

goblr77

Spring Fever

Lonnie Mabry Chestnut pot with Cherry Wood sound board. 2nd would have to be Callmakerman walnut with I think glass soundboard. 2 proven killers!