turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Out of Stating?

Started by FullChoke, May 21, 2015, 12:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Last weekend closed the home state season of everyone except Xarcher and MighyJoeYoung in PA. There are still a number of other states that are still open for turkeys right now. Is anyone planning to head out and hunt other states this year?

We are very thin this season. Some team mates have put up a number of good birds, notably Pullit with 5 and Hooter with 3. The other side of this sad coin is that, as of today, 7 of our team mates have been unwillingly engaged in wildlife resource conservation a.k.a. Tag Soup.

Checking the other scores, with a score of 327.005 we are presently in 9th place out of a total field of 16 teams. The next 2 teams up have scores of 416 and 435, so we just need one like Hooter's bird from last year (111.188...no kidding) and we could rocket up to 7th place.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Hooter

I won't be going anywhere this year, even though I did go to KY for a couple days. Got skunked!  :toothy12:
Yep, I think it was a bad year for everyone. Not much activity, and the ones that did gobble seemed uninterested. The last week here they were red hot, gobbling, and strutting everywhere.
Pulled the trigger on 4, but missed 2.  One was too close and still too dark. The other,... well, let's just say three morns in a row with the same bird making a fool of me, and then I just got mad at him, and tried to stretch the 20 with 8.5s. :z-dizzy:
Pretty sure he is ok, cause I heard him back in there gobbling a few days later.