OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

#1 tip for killing gobblers

Started by Spitten and drummen, March 25, 2023, 11:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Are you ready for it. The main secrete to killing Gobblers is..... Having birds to hunt. There you have it. Good luck with this tip fellas.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

tal

I knew I was doing something wrong.

Turkeybutt

Gee now I understand what I been doing wrong over the years. Thanks!

Sanders153

Maybe our birds will make a comeback. I miss the days when early morning gobbles were commonly heard on public lands

Dtrkyman

Location, Location, Location, followed by slow the heck down!

ol bob

In the words of the late ,great Earl Mickel, you can be the best caller, have the best calls made, and the best guns, but if they are not there you want kill them.

Old Timer

Got to really do your homework to get a bird here now. Here`s a song- Where did all the turkey hunters go?
They were there when it was easier pickings!

Magdump

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 25, 2023, 11:40:41 AM
Are you ready for it. The main secrete to killing Gobblers is..... Having birds to hunt. There you have it. Good luck with this tip fellas.

From what I have witnessed, don't forget the #2 most important tip!  Corn and lots of it!  (Skill and ethics optional).

Wigsplitter

Spot on spitting and drumming!! That's key!!

crow

Quote from: Magdump on March 25, 2023, 03:56:24 PM

From what I have witnessed, don't forget the #2 most important tip!  Corn and lots of it!  (Skill and ethics optional).

Where exactly did you witness this, you been following paboxcall around

squidd

Thought it was going to be a 'don't sit on the couch' comment

wareagle22

Sit down in the wrong spot and you're beat before you ever start.   

Howieg

krm944

I am a new Turkey hunter appreciate the tip.

This spring I am fired up about bagging a turkey and I just scouted the frozen food section of my grocery store. I set up a couple trail cams and have some pics of birds moving early mornings. I have been trying to shock gobble with a variety of sounds morning, noon and night- to no avail. They are just silent, but I do have pics of them on the camera. I made a late evening trip and verified EXACTLY where they roost. It was kinda cool, they were all on display, lined up. Im pretty sure I can put my blind up in the produce section and brush it in with some lettuce. It's only a 20 yard shot to where I expect to pull the trigger on my bird....????

jordanz7935

Are you ready for it. The main secret100e to killing Gobblers is..... Having birds to hunt. There you have it. Good luck with this tip fellas.
100%! And the only way to know if you have birds to hunt.......which would be my #1 tip for success.... Scouting.