turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

#1 BITES THE DUST IN WEST TENNESSEE

Started by cuban, April 08, 2011, 11:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuban

It's been a tough first week in West TN especially if you hunt ground that was affected by spring floods.   That is until today.  Start the slow quiet walk down the logging road at 5:45 am,  arrive at the first stop to try the Harrison Hooter, gobbler goes off before I finish the first 5 note hoot.  Wait a second of two and hit him again, he's in a tree half way down a gully and about 75 yards away.  Set up the DSD Hen and back up 20 steps to a blow down and have a seat. 

Wait about 5 min and give him a 3 note tree yelp; gobble.........; one more tree yelp and I hear him fly down.  Yelp, gobble, yelp and cut,  gobble can't tell if he's coming or going.  Yelp cut Yelp, gobble and he's coming.  Get the gun up in the direction of the decoy, I hear him walking but it's 6:03 and still pretty dark on the ground.  Then out of the corner of my eye I see his fan slowly fold down just to the right of the decoy, his head is behind a tree so I adjust, cut and yelp and he takes one step to look my way.  The last thing he saw was a load of 3" Nitro #7s clearing his mind.

21 pounds, 1 1/4" spurs, and 9 3/4" beard.   Got the mojo going now!

Proud member of the 10th Legion.

njdevilsb

socalturkeyman

good job sounds like a fun hunt you had there! :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley:
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

spur collector

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

tnturkeyman28

Big Boys Custom Calls
" I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Owner of Big Boys Custom Call making Custom Turkey Calls to Order. Mossy Oak Pro Staff The Good lord has Blessed me far more than I deserve. Philippians 4:13

harvester

chipper

Way to go man, I put #1 away this morning also,10.25 in beard, 3/4 spurs, 23 lbs. Its been tough around Benton county this week also.

JVA54

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

cannonball

BOFF

Congrats!!

But you can't come in here and post about a good gobbler without pics.  I believe that's in the unwritten rules #3?  ;D

God Bless,
David B.

Ol'Mossy

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.