Public?
23 (18.7%)
Private?
34 (27.6%)
All Of The Above?
66 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 116

RS

Generally private. I keep trying to draw on of the limited NC gameland permits but haven't got one yet.

derek

Almost entirely public.  There's been a few occasions I've sat in my parents 4 acres that very rarely has a turkey pass through, but everything else has been on public.  Only killed birds on public. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

TauntoHawk

for deer I hunt mostly public, the areas I hunt in PA and NY you just cant get permission to hunt deer but turkeys are completely different. ITs one of the reasons I love turkey hunting, its just so much easier to get permission that it doesnt become a hassle just to find a place like deer can be.

Deer 75% public 25% private

Turkeys 1% public and 99% private
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DC1.

I have better luck on public but 95 % of my hunting is on public .

I-55Bandit

Private. I work really hard to secure multiple private hunting spots in different counties. Public land turkey hunting ticks me off I've tried it

dirt road ninja

All private ground for me. I have put in for youth public draw hunts for my son, but hadn't drawn.

redarrow

I hunt both. However last year I hunted a farm in SE mi. for the first time. Prior to that all my hunting was in N. Mi. I would have tro say its about 50/50 on the private/public thing.Between Kamski ,woodsman4god and myself we have 91 acres we own and hunt. We also have 40 acres that abuts our place that we can hunt. We are surrounded by public land.

Neill_Prater

Depends on where I'm hunting. Here, virtually all private anymore, but out-of-state, normally public only. I've had good success on both, and killed virtually all my birds on public land even here in MO for many years.

guesswho

I hunt both.  The days hunted to kill ratio is about the same.  My private lands are hit harder than most public lands, plus throw in the fact that a big private tract is 300 acres it can be tough.  I'd much rather hunt a 5,000 acre public spot that has birds than a 150 acre of private.    I hunt Public land ranks right up there with he was henned up and they are call shy ect.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Basin_hunter

I turkey hunt almost exclusively on public land. I might make 1 hunt a season on private grounds. Deer hunting is almost the exact opposite. I only make a handfull of hunts a season on public land.
In fall we rut, in spring we strut

WildTigerTrout

I have had success on both, but my best gobbler came from Pa. state forest land. I look at it this way, the turkeys don't know what's public or private.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

snuff can

i hunt mostly private at the moment. i didn't Hunt public ground this year  for the first time in about 15 years but, to me it all depends on how good the private land is. a good number of birds and having it all to yourself is hard to beat.

gotcha

I ask the same question to a guy from Mississippi awhile back, his reply was....Posted mostly I guess!

teke

wkyhunter

I hunt public more than private and have much more luck on public.
Even though I own 100 acres, I hate to have to sit on it and call to a vocal turkey 2 farms over knowing nobody is on him.