OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Decoys?

Started by Siwash, April 30, 2012, 10:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siwash

If you had to choose ONE decoy, which one (brand name) would you buy and what sex - tom/jake or hen would you use?

I've heard the pretty boy/girl are good. I currently use the cheapo Basspro brand..

Does it really make a difference?

Thanks!!

longbeard95

Cabelas sells a full strut decoy thats very affordable ($20) and it looks pretty good. Ill try to get a pic of it one this thread. Killed 3 birds over him this year. It was well worth the money!!!

captin_hook

One deek... Carrylite hen.

Siwash

Quote from: longbeard95 on April 30, 2012, 10:42:47 PM
Cabelas sells a full strut decoy thats very affordable ($20) and it looks pretty good. Ill try to get a pic of it one this thread. Killed 3 birds over him this year. It was well worth the money!!!

We don't have cabelas in Canada  :(

But we can order online... nit sure if I'd go through that trouble though for a decoy

thanks!

longbeard95

Quote from: Siwash on April 30, 2012, 11:03:08 PM
We don't have cabelas in Canada  :(

But we can order online... nit sure if I'd go through that trouble though for a decoy

thanks!

Its a good looking decoy but after rereading the original post your asking if you could only use ONE decoy and a full strut decoy by himself is not what I would use if I could only use one decoy.

I would definately go with a hen. I only use a strutter with atleast one hen....but thats just me.

Siwash

Quote from: longbeard95 on April 30, 2012, 11:15:24 PM
Quote from: Siwash on April 30, 2012, 11:03:08 PM
We don't have cabelas in Canada  :(

thanks!

Its a good looking decoy but after rereading the original post your asking if you could only use ONE decoy and a full strut decoy by himself is not what I would use if I could only use one decoy.

I would definately go with a hen. I only use a strutter with atleast one hen....but thats just me.

Would then go with a carry lite? Are you folks referring to the Pretty Boy/Girl product?

captin_hook

The pretty boy combo is a nice package, you can find deals on them, but no, I meant just a regular carrylite hen.

TRKYHTR

One of mine.

TRKYHTR

This picture was from today. She is 4 years old.
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Siwash

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 01, 2012, 09:47:55 PM
One of mine.

TRKYHTR

This picture was from today. She is 4 years old.

What brand of decoy is that?

TRKYHTR

Rio Grande real mounted hen.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Siwash

It never occurred to me that you can use a real mount... I have to check our regs where I live... but I don 't have a mount so I will stick to synthetic!

Thanks!

cornfedkiller

Dave Smith Decoys.. Most realistic decoys on the market.

If I was to have just one, I would probably have just the jake.  The jake and hen combo is killer though!

TauntoHawk

TRKYHTR or Joe makes those real mounted hens for decoys

looks good dont they

Quote from: Siwash on May 02, 2012, 07:02:20 AM
It never occurred to me that you can use a real mount... I have to check our regs where I live... but I don 't have a mount so I will stick to synthetic!

Thanks!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RC_STRUT

DSD jake.  Here's a pic right before "Showtime!"