turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WEIRD WEATHER!

Started by INDY, March 21, 2012, 10:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDY

INDIANA'S  TURKEY SEASON STARTS ON APRIL 25.   THIS  IS  A HOT  SPRING,  WERE  ABOUT   3 OR  4  WEEKS  AHEAD  OF  NORMAL.  DO YOU  THINK  IT  WILL  HAVE  AN  EFFECT  ON  THE  TURKEY  SEASON ?   

Hootowl

Indy, I was also thinking the same thing. Iam off to Tenn soon, I cant handle the wait, Plus I have some Ground in   Kentucky That We owne. I fill are season is to late, and this warm weather is going to a bad thing Up here? But I do think we will Kill  Birds. Best of Luck To you Indy.

INDY

THANKS YOU TOO!   ONLY  TIME  WILL TELL.

Bigmiah22

Minor effect on the season, only because the weather isnt gonig to stay this nice!

indybeard

Gotta a feeling the skeeters & ticks are gonna be pretty bad.But I'm sure it's gonna cool down again.

matchbook454

Look down a little ways - there is a thread about this.  The warm weather shouldn't affect the "breeding" schedule of the turkeys however cover and bugs might be a little thicker.  Thicker cover means harder to see birds and also makes it harder to hear them and for them to hear you.  Good luck guys!

bigthunderchicken

i can tell you for sure that some of the hens here in Bama are nesting and have been for 2 weeks.
Chase