OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's the best tick repellent

Started by kyturkeyhunter4, April 04, 2020, 11:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

Any one know the best tick repellent for cloths ticks are awful this year in Kentucky.

Sir-diealot

Most here seem to think it is Permethrin, worked well for me, I am going to be getting the blinds out and spay them down and also some of my clothing.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tlh2865

Permethrin is my go to. Not only repels ticks, but prevents them from biting after contact with it

LaLongbeard

Permethrin. Kills ticks on contact. Also kills chiggers or redbugs whatever you want to call them. NOT repel KILL and that's what makes it the best.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

captpete

bbcoach

IMO Permethrin.  Spray it, let it dry, DONE.

falltoms

I eat Raw garlic every day
I don't get the ticks on me like I used to. It repels them, and some people too,but I don't mind

Sir-diealot

Quote from: falltoms on April 05, 2020, 09:31:03 AM
I eat Raw garlic every day
I don't get the ticks on me like I used to. It repels them, and some people too,but I don't mind
Also helps with high blood pressure and is a natural antibiotic or is it antibacterial? I don't remember which. I also eat a little white onion every day, helps to purify the blood.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Dtrkyman

Permethrin x100, I have also been showering and using top secret bio shield soaps, they have a natural formula that repels and kills ticks.

Treat with Permethrin(sawyers) 2 or 3 time per spring and shower in the bio shield almost daily. 

Bowguy

I disagree w the sawyers though. Get the concentrate from tractor supply. It mixes w water and even comes w a mixer. For 10 bucks a small bottle you'd use it many years. 1 oz makes a gallon mix. I've used mine years and think I made 2-3 oz.  most of the original bottle is still here. Put in in a spray bottle. Got mixes for other things/animals as well. Recipes on bottle

Missed mallards

Permethrin for me!

Spray down with something. Opening day I went out without concern. It was me, and my two dogs at camp so I wasn't that worried.

That night I pulled 47 off me, 7 off my lab, and 2 off my bulldog. Bulldog must have gotten a bad one as he's at the vet waiting blood work to see what it did to him. It took less than a week and the side affects are awful. Poor little guy is having a rough time.

Anyway, I spray everywhere, and everything at least 3 times a week and it's done well keeping the chiggers off too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

The stuff from tractor supply has a dog recipe too. That's actually the one I use. I have a bunch of beagles. I run year round, spray em down n never get ticks on them.

Bagg-it Tag-it

Martin's Permethrin 10 from Amazon smells the least. 1 oz of the concentrate to 20 oz of water in a spray bottle. Works great.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Bagg-it Tag-it on April 05, 2020, 02:17:16 PM
Martin's Permethrin 10 from Amazon smells the least. 1 oz of the concentrate to 20 oz of water in a spray bottle. Works great.
X2