OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which Crystal/Glass

Started by Loyalist84, May 07, 2020, 04:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loyalist84

Appealing to the forum once again -

I had a Schaffer aluminum that I found, even though a great call, wasn't to my taste and went to a buddy of mine across the country who wanted to start hunting with his girlfriend and had turkeys in the area. I got a call from a mentor of mine that went hunting and will now stay on the shelf as a memento. I picked up a Kaiser ceramic from Jamo on the classifieds, but have room for one more hunting call in my case and decided it should be a glass or crystal. Who does these the best?

Turkeytider

Quote from: Loyalist84 on May 07, 2020, 04:21:57 PM
Appealing to the forum once again -

I had a Schaffer aluminum that I found, even though a great call, wasn't to my taste and went to a buddy of mine across the country who wanted to start hunting with his girlfriend and had turkeys in the area. I got a call from a mentor of mine that went hunting and will now stay on the shelf as a memento. I picked up a Kaiser ceramic from Jamo on the classifieds, but have room for one more hunting call in my case and decided it should be a glass or crystal so it can play in whatever Ma Nature throws at me. Who does these the best?

" it can play in whatever Ma Nature throws at me", I`m assuming you`re looking for an all weather pot? If so, scroll down in this forum ( Pot Call Forum ) and look for a thread titled " Wet Weather Pots" for some ideas. You`ll see aluminum pots mentioned quite frequently.

bobk

A caller to consider is a Buster Halford  crystal over slate in a hormigo pot. It is outstanding.

yelpy

Mike Yingling, Dustin Jone "Blackstone Custom calls and Lon Trice make some good all weather pots.

Loyalist84

Thanks folks! I'll edit my post since I'm not looking for a specific all-weather pot, just something that won't go dead if it gets wet, which isn't an issue with these surfaces and a good striker. I'll likely not hunt in anything heavier than a drizzle in any case.

MDTOM84

Mike Yinging's waterproof pots are really nice

Greg Massey

Anything from Mark Cornelius, Clay Townsend and Buster will all be major player ...Brad Roberts also if you can find one on the forum for sale..

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 08, 2020, 10:30:11 AM
Anything from Mark Cornelius, Clay Townsend and Buster will all be major player ...Brad Roberts also if you can find one on the forum for sale..

Great short list right here. Agreed.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Loyalist84

Well, took the advice and got on the list with Buster for an Osage/Glass, here's to jonesing for some gold!

BTH

I would also add Paul Durham and Jimmy Schaeffer for crystal pots.
Phil 4:13