OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NEW - Reflex Optic from Williams Gun Sight Co.

Started by Greg Massey, January 19, 2024, 12:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

A new reflex sight called the LRS ( low reflex sight ) It is a new red circle dot sight from Williams Gin Sight Co. They have entered the market and created a new reflex that sits 30 percent lower compared to standard reflex sights. Its new design is mainly for shotguns and turkey hunters.  If you get a chance check it out on their website. If someone wants to post a picture of the new reflex sight, by all means do so...  Pretty neat sight ... IMO ...

Chief Razor

Tom007

Looks real nice, well made. Another great option for red dots.....
"Solo hunter"

ChesterCopperpot

It's basically designed upside down to get the sight picture lower. But the overall profile of the unit is just as big, actually bigger than a lot of reflex sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChesterCopperpot

That overall profile just looks big to me.

Greg Massey

I like the design because it actually has its own built in protection for the red dot ..  It doesn't sit any higher than a scope , probably less than a scope ... IMO

Gman

I'm glad that you posted this Greg. I was going to order the Williams Slugger Fire Sights for my Monte, but am now considering going with the reflex sight. I just have to find out if the aluminum on the top part of my receiver is thick enough to drill & tap.

PALongspur

I definitely like the looks of it, they're a top notch company so you can bet it's well made!

bbcoach

That overall profile just looks big to me.

Different design but as Greg said it looks like a quality cage to protect the dot.  Turkeys won't care or pay any attention to this sight as long as there isn't any glare.  Looks as if they have checked off some Good boxes 1. Easy battery access 2. CR 2032 batteries are easy to obtain 3. sleep function after 6 hours 4. 6 illumination levels 5. light weight and durable aluminum construction 6. lifetime warranty

btodd00

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 20, 2024, 08:30:32 AM
It's basically designed upside down to get the sight picture lower. But the overall profile of the unit is just as big, actually bigger than a lot of reflex sights.

That explains it better, I was watching a video of it the other day and they were saying it was going to be a smaller profile. I was looking at it in the video thinking there is no way that is smaller than a K footprint holosun