News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Paul Hicks Jr.

Started by SoIncallcollector, February 07, 2019, 08:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: Harty on February 08, 2019, 03:21:46 PM
I have a pair of twins coming from paul next week. a pair of cedar in red and green slate. I shall post when arrive!
Let me know how you like that green slate. I see one of those in my near future! I'm sure it will be a good one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Harty

Quote from: SoIncallcollector on February 08, 2019, 09:07:54 PM
I have a pair of twins coming from paul next week. a pair of cedar in red and green slate. I shall post when arrive!
Let me know how you like that green slate. I see one of those in my near future! I'm sure it will be a good one.

I will PM you!

golfernash

Paul is an excellent call maker. I own an Osage glass over slate and an Osage aluminum over glass. I have a Walnut green slate ordered. The Osage glass was the demise of several gobblers last season. His calls excel in the most important area: they sound like turkeys!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: Harty on February 09, 2019, 06:32:08 AM
Quote from: SoIncallcollector on February 08, 2019, 09:07:54 PM

I will PM you!
Sounds good. Thanks bud.

MDTOM84

Here are a few of mine from Paul. Osage glass/aluminum, bubinga crystal/glass and green/black Osage stoned aluminum.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: golfernash on February 09, 2019, 09:15:45 AM
Paul is an excellent call maker. I own an Osage glass over slate and an Osage aluminum over glass. I have a Walnut green slate ordered. The Osage glass was the demise of several gobblers last season. His calls excel in the most important area: they sound like turkeys!!!

Well that gets me fired up. I've got an osage in the works with him now. I told him to put whatever surface and sound board he thought sounds best. I'm pretty excited to see what he comes up with. I've heard that walnut green slate of his is a killer. I couldn't be more impressed with this red slate.

SoIncallcollector

@ golfernash "His calls excel in the most important area: they sound like turkeys!!!"

His calls are top notch quality and look great, but it's got to sound like a turkey for me to even care about it and you are right it's all turkey!!!

[/quote]

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: MDTOM84 on February 09, 2019, 10:59:01 AM
Here are a few of mine from Paul. Osage glass/aluminum, bubinga crystal/glass and green/black Osage stoned aluminum.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I bet that stoned aluminum sounds sweet!!! I've never seen osage like that. I might have to get ahold of paul about one of those!   
Looks like that gobbler recommends the osage glass as well haha!

MDTOM84

That was a piece I sent him, very hard to find and not cheap!!!

sbbow

Quote from: golfernash on February 09, 2019, 09:15:45 AM

That Osage glass is all turkey for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sbbow

Here are some of mine the persimmon slate is not in the pic.

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: MDTOM84 on February 09, 2019, 11:20:27 AM
That was a piece I sent him, very hard to find and not cheap!!!
That's flat out awesome! Bet it sounds killer! I've never seen osage like that very cool. If I ever come across any I know who I'm sending it to!

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: sbbow on February 09, 2019, 11:23:04 AM
Here are some of mine the persimmon slate is not in the pic.

Man I bet that persimmon slate is a killer. Grey slate?

JLH

The osage in the picture is American osage.....most of the osage you'll see in strikers and pots is Argentine Ossge...from south america.

JLH

USA on the left...Argentine on rt.