turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Long couple of days

Started by Gooserbat, May 27, 2024, 10:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Nothing to do with turkeys but we took a direct hit from one of the tornados that struck Oklahoma/Arkansas.  We got hit at 12:57 am.  As in good Okie fashion I stood in the yard and watched until I could hear the train/blow-torch sound coming at me.  Long story short God is good and the house and shops were unhurt. Lost a lot of trees and had a big mess but we're getting through it well enough and better than many neighbors who lost much more. 

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

eggshell

Dang Sam. Thankfully your well and safe, many aren't. I wish I was closer, I'd load up the chainsaw and gear and come help cleanup.

KYTurkey07

Man, I am sorry to hear about the destruction. I was watching the storms as they moved across the country. They were strong here but nothing like what you guys endured. I'm glad to hear your house and building was spared. I hate it for your neighbors who weren't so fortunate. I'll be praying for you, your family and neighbors. Hope things get somewhat back to normal for you quickly.

Lcmacd 58

Turkeybutt

Happy to hear you and the family are all okay. Ya'll chip together and you will have that cleaned mess up in no time. Be safe!