Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone who likes Google Earth should check out this map.

Started by handcannon, February 10, 2012, 10:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handcannon

I found the map on the Ducks Unlimited website to be way more up to date at least in my area and some of the other guys I have shown it to. Google Earth aerial view in my neck of the woods is about 5 years old. This one is from this past summer without a doubt. This one does not have the features that Google Earth has like driving directions but it will give you an great, clear picture to view that is hopefully pretty recent for your area of interest.

Go to www.ducksunlimited.com and then click on "Migration and Duck Hunting Reports". On the next page click on "DU Waterfowl Migration Map" and then the map will pull up. In the box on the left, type in City,State info and click "Hybrid". From there just navigate to where you want to go.

Enjoy!  :funnyturkey:

BOFF

handcannon

CASH

Wow.  You can zoom in with more clarity than Google too.  Nice.  Thanks
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

rempumpman

Added this to my favorites; thank you so much for your information; if you ever find stuff like this again, please let me know thru a pm or a general post; I love exploring "new ground from home"; it helps me BIG time hunting public ground; again, thank you.
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

Flydown

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

catrancher

Excellent Map!  The most recent aerials I have seen of my property.  We built a pond in April '09, but it didn't fill until Sept of '10, in the aerial its full.  Using that and the fact that the wheat is green (and the pond was very low this winter) these must be from the winter of 2010. 

TURKEYWHACKER

Longspur321

That's awesome! Much more current aerial views than Google. Sure appreciate you posting this man....
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

zeus26

Not trying to hijack this thread or taking anything away from the OP's find (because DU's site has other options and a mobile app that might be cool), but DU is using Bing maps.  They can be accessed at www.bing.com without the "migration data."  They are a lot more updated than Google's aerials.

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

bird