OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Dad teaches disrespectful daughter a lesson by shooting her laptop on Facebook!

Started by busta biggun, February 10, 2012, 11:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

I'd like to take my girls cell phone and do that some time..... its all day and all nite texting and it never stops and tell me what the hell do they find to talk about .

i pay for her phone every month .

i love megan but hate all that texting she does  :fud:

brian

busta biggun

As parents we just need to figure out how to get their attention. My dad was really good at that. Once I forgot to give our dogs water in the middle of the summer. He told me if I ever did it again, I would be wearing that water bucket on my head. Couple weeks later and next thing I know, I am sitting on the couch with a grimy waterbucket on my head. Guess what. I never forgot to water the dogs again!

hookedspur

Whats that song from john boy and billys friend ? Not enough 4$$ Whoop-ins goin on ?
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Grunt-N-Gobble

Old Gobbler

Although I respect his commitment to raising his daughter in a firm and respectful household , he might be best served keeping family issues private- that 3 day old post has 3,000,000 + hits - its gonna get real old for them soon

the upside is no boy at school is going to get "fresh" with her anytime soon  :fud:

Facebook has some serious downfalls , if you have young kids , keep a eye on them and what they are posting or revealing - all your personal information is out there for grabs- I remember a report on the news some months back where there were several convictions and jail sentencing's for some sick  individuals {guys} that were pretending to be young girls and trying to get personal information and pictures from young men online - then try and extort them with the same information  with their friends they had listed in their buddy list on facebook -- bottom line keep a eye on your kids and what they are posting and who they are hanging out with -

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Eric Gregg

I work with youth and have noticed that teens walk right by everyone, head down, face to phone texting. Families no longer talk anymore, as e-mail, facebook, and the likes have taken the place of a good sit down chat with your family around the dinner table. Parents are no longer involved with their kids, and parents therefore know nothing about what is going on in their kids life.
I hear reports of parents throwing drinking parties for their teens (15-17 years old) and their logic is "at least I know where they are at". Yep, get involved in youth ministry and you will see it all and hear it all. The one thing we lack is thet true parents, like mine, that put foot to butt when I stepped outta line. My mom slapped my mouth shut one time after back talking her. I needed it, and I am better for it.

This younger generation of teens and college age folks are lacking in respect towards elders and disrespect for any type of authority.
This guy did exactly what my step dad would have done.
I wouldn't advise airing out your family laundry on facebook, but I guess this guy thought while we are out here doing laundry, let's put this issue out to dry :fud: :smiley-char092:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: CASH on February 10, 2012, 01:31:38 PMThat's the truth.  I know when I messed up I dreaded my dad coming home from work.
Ain't that the truth!!! My Dad would have tore me a new one instead of shooting the laptop. After he tore me a new one, I wouldn't have been able to use the laptop for a year. :lol: My Dad was one tough mofo!! Guess that's why I turned out OK. :icon_thumright:

BowBendr

As a foster parent of over 40+ children over the past 10 yrs or so, I thought about this a long time before posting up.
This is probably one of the most disturbing things i've ever seen. These parents are failing and failing miserably.

What this guy did will do nothing to change his daughters behaviors, and will probably make it worse. She'll just go to school and borrow a cell phone to keep this going to retaliate further. Why ? Because the parent was dragged down to the level the child was operating at. They raised this child and they taught her how to act, I can probably guarantee that this child was raised as a princess from birth until 12 or 13 yrs. old and then when she started exhibiting behaviors they didn't like, they tried to rein it in, all at once, and that seldom ever works. She was raised with a sense of entitlement and she'll always rebel at the thought of ever having to work for anything. Period. They are the ones who spoiled her.

You can clearly see that he bit his tounge to keep from cursing several times while reading her profanity laced letter to them, so that only can mean that she learned how to curse from them, and he tried to refrain from cursing while speaking to appear to be above what he taught. I see it everyday.

What's worse is that with over 3 million hits and going viral, local people of their area have seen this video, and while there may be nothing legally anyone can do to him for shooting the lap-top, this won't be the last he'll hear of it. He will be seen as a parent that uses "violent means" to correct problems in his home...a loose cannon that raised a troubled child that may have the potential to "pop" if he can't get his daughter straightened out. We deal with the Dept. of Social Services and agents from Child Welfare/Protection everyday in our home with our foster kids. I can promise you that he will be looked at as the bad guy.

So in the end, she won. She lured them down to her level, lost a computer that she never cared about anyway, and probably will get her dad in trouble....exactly what she wanted.....

Just food for thought and my humble opinion, but I do believe that situation can be repaired.

Woodsman4God

Quote from: BowBendr on February 11, 2012, 01:08:57 PM
As a foster parent of over 40+ children over the past 10 yrs or so, I thought about this a long time before posting up.
This is probably one of the most disturbing things i've ever seen. These parents are failing and failing miserably.

What this guy did will do nothing to change his daughters behaviors, and will probably make it worse. She'll just go to school and borrow a cell phone to keep this going to retaliate further. Why ? Because the parent was dragged down to the level the child was operating at. They raised this child and they taught her how to act, I can probably guarantee that this child was raised as a princess from birth until 12 or 13 yrs. old and then when she started exhibiting behaviors they didn't like, they tried to rein it in, all at once, and that seldom ever works. She was raised with a sense of entitlement and she'll always rebel at the thought of ever having to work for anything. Period. They are the ones who spoiled her.

You can clearly see that he bit his tounge to keep from cursing several times while reading her profanity laced letter to them, so that only can mean that she learned how to curse from them, and he tried to refrain from cursing while speaking to appear to be above what he taught. I see it everyday.

What's worse is that with over 3 million hits and going viral, local people of their area have seen this video, and while there may be nothing legally anyone can do to him for shooting the lap-top, this won't be the last he'll hear of it. He will be seen as a parent that uses "violent means" to correct problems in his home...a loose cannon that raised a troubled child that may have the potential to "pop" if he can't get his daughter straightened out. We deal with the Dept. of Social Services and agents from Child Welfare/Protection everyday in our home with our foster kids. I can promise you that he will be looked at as the bad guy.

So in the end, she won. She lured them down to her level, lost a computer that she never cared about anyway, and probably will get her dad in trouble....exactly what she wanted.....

Just food for thought and my humble opinion, but I do believe that situation can be repaired.

Sounds about right. We reap what we sow.

ILIKEHEVI-13

kamski1151

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp