OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Barnes Vor-tx

Started by thundrchikin, February 09, 2012, 02:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundrchikin

I've heard nothing but good things about it. Just wondering if any members have had good or bad experiences with it. Thanks

Reloader

I load all my ammo, but had a gift certificate to Academy last year and blew it on a box of the 300WM 180TTSXs just for the heck of it.  It chronied 70fps faster than advertised from a 24" T3 and shot in the .6 range at 100.  I was impressed.

thundrchikin

That is very impressive! If i can get it to shoot 1.5 @ 100 out of my Venture I'll be happy.

davisd9

Here is a picture of an 85 grain .243 win TTSX Vortex did to a buck I shot this year at 60-75 yards.  He was broad side to me.  Was not a huge deer but big enough to see what the bullet can do, 125-130 lbs range.  I am going to put it as a link cause it is kinda graphic.

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af161/davisd9/B4ChristmasBuck-20112.jpg

Them little bullets are devastating to say the least.  Never would have that a 85 grain 243 bullet would do that type of damage.  My bullets where touching at 100 yards so I think you will get better than 1.5. I am a believer.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

thundrchikin

Thanks. I have a .243 too. I may have to look into the Barnes for it also. From the looks of that picture I'd say they'll be well worth the price.

SonicBanshee

Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!