OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

This ever happened to you ?

Started by econo, February 08, 2012, 09:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

econo

A couple years ago I was drying a turkey fan in my garage. When I got home this is what I found! Somebody left the door open, and my golden retreiver---Retreived my fan  >:( >:( >:(

May God bless you all

BowBendr

Yep, sure has. By a 3 lb. Yorkie. I never did figure out how she got up there and yanked it to the floor.
Bits of feathers everywhere...

JWC07

My dawg destroyed 5 beards and the spurs that went with them that I had on a string. I pieced the beards back together enough to make 3 and salvaged a couple of the spurs. She ate/chewed up the rest too badly to save :(

I'm still mad about it when I see the hot glued together beards...

drenalinld

I had a carpenter working at my house. He brought a rat terrier with him in my house and in my garage to use my saw. The dog ruined five long beards from recent bow kills. I have other stories too painful to share.

West Augusta

Grouse tails.  My Cocker Spaniel was doing what Cocker Spaniels do.  :TooFunny:
I miss the dog more than the grouse tails.  She wasn't good for anything but keeping me company and she did a great job of that.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

runngun

Quote from: JohnDoe on February 08, 2012, 10:34:45 PM
Yes by my beagle. She also got into a box of Danish that my Uncle sends me for Christmas each year. When I got home I knew something was up as she was sporting a Grass Mustache ;D.

John

What kind of GRASS MUSTACHE ?????? :happy0064:
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

handcannon

Yep. Had it happen twice. Both by stray cats.

gob09

my beagle has chewed up a few spurs and a beard makes me mad when he does things like that he's 8 years old and should know better thats what my daughter says anyway

Basser69

My lab has eaten more things than any one body should. Some include, deer horns, turkey fans and spurs....Not to mention sheetrock, electrical cords, base boards, wall paper and window stools.

ghillie

Not necessarily...my friend's dog did do this though....

He ate everything he could out of the lazy susan and then has a belly ache...

He also ate a pillow once!!!

Can't leave any thing out around Tucker!!!

flintlock

Oh yeah, a buddy borrowed a decoy Joe made out of a road kill hen and his dog got it just like that.  :(
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

mfd1027

Oh yeah!!   How about a full strut mount!!!  2 months old!!   My lab mix Toby loved it.   Can't blame the dog, she was just doing what dogs do.    She's never chewed one thing in her life around the house but man that mount was a mess.   I swear she pulled every feather out one by one.    :angry9: :character0029:
Dan

BrowningGuy88

I lost half my collection last year. I had all 29 long beards I have killed on a wall shelf that my turkey guns stays on. We moved and they went to storage for a couple of weeks. Rats cut most all of them off. I still have the memories and pictures, but I had two 12.5" beards and those I truly miss!

mnturkey

Nothing serious yet just the rug in the living room twice and thats about it, though you cannot leave a loaf of bread near the edge of the table or it will be his midnight snack.
SEMPER FI

Shellwaster

I had made a wing bone call out of my first turkey and it sat displayed with the beard, fan, spurs and picture in a shadow box for 2 or 3 years before that fateful day. The display was hung proudly on the wall where a door exited to the garage in the house I was living in at the time, I was in a hurry and slammed the door behind me on my way to class. Unbeknownst to me at the time slamming the door caused the wingbone to fall out of the box.  When I got home from class my lab had a suspicious look on his face and immediately cowarded when I walked in.  I took me awhile before I figured out why he was acting guilty but when I did I had to remind myself that it was bone and dogs chew on bone.  I am lucky that the wingbone was the only thing that fell as I'm sure he would love to taste the fan and spurs. 

This incident happened approximately 9 years ago and I am now more aware of where I hang my trophies.  My old boy is still with me at the ripe old age of 11 and I wouldn't trade him for the world.