Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Valentines Day - Less than a week away...

Started by lightsoutcalls, February 08, 2012, 11:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

If you have been to walmart or walgreens lately, you undoubtedly know from all of the red and pink "stuff" that Valentine's Day is just around the corner. 
    One year early in my marriage, I was quite the romantic...  I had noticed that we were getting low on shampoo, so I got my wife a new bottle of shampoo for Valentine's.  :o  Seriously... that didn't go so well...  I thought it was a practical gift, and money was tight.  I since have learned that Valentine's Day offers me a special opportunity to say things I sometimes don't make the time to say or do things I sometimes don't take the time to do to show my wife that she is important to me.  This year we will be celebrating Valentine's along with our 25th anniversary (actually is in June) by taking a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas... something she has always wanted to do and likely a once in a lifetime trip. 
:z-flirtysmile3:

For those who are married, make the effort to do SOMETHING for your wife for Valentine's Day.  We need to take time on a regular basis to remind them that they are loved and that our lives are richer for spending our days with them.  It doesn't have to be extravagant to be effective.  You might even throw back to grade-school art projects for an idea...
* From magazines, tear pieces of red paper (pictures in ads, etc.) and glue them on a piece of paper in the shape of a heart, then tear large letters from random sources to form the words "I LOVE YOU" and glue them on the red heart. -  Cost $0
* Rent her favorite movie and watch it with her one evening... even if you don't like the movie. - Cost $5 or less
* Take a walk around the neighborhood, a walking trail or the mall if it is too cold outside- hold her hand in public - Cost $0
* Write a personal "Roses are Red" poem and read it to her over dinner by candlelight. - Cost - depends what you have for dinner - Even if it is peanut butter and jelly, you may be surprised at the results.

Take the time to think about your first date, wedding day, past celebrations, meaningful times together.  Make an effort to do something out of the ordinary or out of character to let her know that you love her. 

If you are drawing a blank, here is one VERY effective, very inexpensive suggestion.

Take a plain Post-It note and write these 3 words on it:  YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL
Stick the note on her mirror where she does her hair...  Chances are, that note will stay there for as long as the "sticky" stays good on the paper...

Below is a link to a devotional from last year about "honoring" a wife.  It is a fairly long read, but has some good food for thought...

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,526.0.html
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

OldHen

as a wife.... YES to all of these things will make most of us happy.....so get your construction paper and glue out fellas!!

Gobble!

I'm just going to take mine to the sportsmans show in Harrisburg  :z-guntootsmiley:

Woodsman4God

Thanks for the post Wendell, for me my wife doesnt give 2 hoots about Valentines day, however that may have something to do with the fact that its her Birthday. All good suggestions there , this year I am getting my wife a new watch, she ran hers through the washing machine earlier this year and didnt realize it until it stopped working when its guts all rusted up.

Take care of those special ladies fellas and have a happy valentines day

redarrow

Thanks. Guess I gotta head back to Wal Marts and exchange this big ol bottle of shampoo. ;D

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: redarrow on February 08, 2012, 02:25:27 PM
Thanks. Guess I gotta head back to Wal Marts and exchange this big ol bottle of shampoo. ;D

I may have just saved your life.  :icon_thumright:

I would like to think I have learned a lot since the early days of marriage, but still have a ways to go.  :)
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

CASH

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on February 08, 2012, 03:39:49 PM
guys take care of your wife, you can't function without her.

Speak for yourself.  I function just fine without mine.   :TooFunny:
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

OldHen

Quote from: CASH on February 08, 2012, 05:53:57 PM

I'm telling      :lol:

CASH

Quote from: OldHen on February 08, 2012, 08:11:05 PM

Too late, I let her read it.  She said she can function just fine without me too.   :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

OldHen

Quote from: CASH on February 08, 2012, 08:12:55 PM
Quote from: OldHen on February 08, 2012, 08:11:05 PM

Too late, I let her read it.  She said she can function just fine without me too.   :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

I didnt doubt it on HER end that she could function without YOU... it was the other way around i was questioning  :lol:

Trevor2

Not married but in serious relationship. Getting mine the tattoo she has been wanting for quite some time.
Strutstopper

ILIKEHEVI-13

I already bought my wife a box of chocolates and gave it to her tonite.  She loved it.  I ddn't want to forget when I had it on my mind.  

Eric Gregg

catdaddy

I was gonna get her a watch for Valentines Day untill I remembered there is a clock on the stove.

BrowningGuy88

I got mine a day at the spa, dinner reservations, vintage bottle of wine, a huge bouquet of lilies and roses. Yes she is spoiled, but I don't ever want to find out if I can function without her.

Also guys, it is fine to do the big stuff once a year, but help her clean up around the house (INSIDE) and don't make her beg you to do something. I swear some of my buddies think all they have to do is go to work and bring home a check while the house, kids, grocery shopping, and bills are the wife's responsibility!