OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sportsman’s Warehouse returning to Roanoke Va.

Started by GOLD HUNTER, February 06, 2012, 09:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

Confirmed: Sportsman's Warehouse returning to RoanokeRumors started floating around a couple weeks ago that Sportsman's Warehouse would be reopening its Roanoke location.

Those rumors were confirmed when the company recently added Roanoke to its map of store locations. Karen Seaman, the company's chief marketing officer, left no doubt.

"We are returning to the area this spring and looking forward to reopening our store in Roanoke," she wrote to me in an email earlier today.

According to the company's website, the store, which is on Ferncliff Avenue near the Hersberger Road and I-581 interchange, will open on April 16, with a grand opening celebration on April 28.

I'm trying to connect with Seaman by phone for more details.

The Roanoke store was one of 23 the company closed in 2009 as part of  Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. Fifteen stores were sold to a Canadian company. A cash investment from a venture capital company helped the company get back on its feet, and Sportsman's Warehouse emerged from Chapter 11 in August of 2009.

Since word of the return of Sportman's Warehouse has started getting around, I've heard from several people who were enthusiastic about the news. Even though the Roanoke store was open for less than two years, the store earned plenty of devoted fans.

brian

vaturkey

Thats great news Brian !  Gander Mt. Sucks !   :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

WildSpur

Good news!  I wish ours would come back in Pittsburgh.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

hd mike

Woodsman4God

I would love to see the Detroit Metro area one come back to Michigan, I just started making part of my routine when I needed something and then it closed

offshore

One in Alabama would be nice, or a cabela's. Bass pro just doesn't do it for me

ElkTurkMan

i wish they as well as Cabelas would come to Georgia.  Bass pro is a joke.  The only I go in there is if I needed something yesterday, and even then 50% of the time they don't have waht I need in stock.