Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Do you guys put any waterproof sealant on your Danner Pronghorns?

Started by WVhuntEER, February 06, 2012, 07:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVhuntEER

I just bought a pair and wanted to see if you all put anything like sno seal on your boots? 

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

bgbuck153

Return them or  :fire: them ! They are the worst boot that I've ever owned . I returned 3 different pairs and they all leaked no matter what I tried . I even called them and asked them so I did exactly as I was directed and they still leaked . 

Cove

Quote from: bgbuck153 on February 06, 2012, 08:40:58 PM
Return them or  :fire: them ! They are the worst boot that I've ever owned . I returned 3 different pairs and they all leaked no matter what I tried . I even called them and asked them so I did exactly as I was directed and they still leaked . 

I think you are going to be the minority. I've had a pair for several years, I now spray them with the scotchbrite (i think) sealant a couple times a year and they stay dry. They were completely waterproof until I got them wet from the inside out several times over the course of time.

bgbuck153

Somebody has to be the minority ! Three pairs is enough for me .

TheSportsman

Had mine for 5 years and turkey hunt hard in them during the spring and deer hunt in them til it gets cold.  clean them up twice and a year and use a leather cond./waterproofer from sportmans warehouse.  I wouldnt trade them for anything and ive had them in water deeeeep hunting on the mississippi river.

busta biggun

I've had a pair for three years. Never sprayed anything on them and they have never leaked a single drop. Best boots I've ever owned.

flintlock

The first pair I had leaked like a siv after about 6mo, I took them back to bass pro.  This 2nd pair has been going good for over a year, but they are now starting to lightly leak.  Gonna snow-seal em before season.

Good luck
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

bbcoach

Quote from: WVhuntEER on February 06, 2012, 07:31:52 PM
I just bought a pair and wanted to see if you all put anything like sno seal on your boots? 

I just purchased a pair of Danner Jackal II GTX snake boots and I've been thinking of sealing them also. 

neal

I've had mine for a few years and have done nothing but wear them. Best boot I've ever owned!!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

deerhunt1988

I use Danner's cleaner and waterproofing stuff and mine still leaked before my first turkey season with them was over. Very disappointed and won't buy another pair.

stinkpickle

I give mine a sno seal treatment after their first year and every year after that.

Stoner

I have had a pair for a couple of years and never had to treat them with anything. Never had a water problem.

deerhunt1988

I'm beginning to wonder if the newer boots aren't the same quality as the older ones.

busta biggun

I find it interesting that some find these boots to be poor quality. I find them to be excellent quality. I burned through Rocky boots, Browning, off-brands, Bass Pro brands, etc. and none have ever lasted the way my Danners have. I would say "maybe I was lucky" but I have seen a LOT of guys on here also saying they had excellent results with Danners.

I realize if I bought several pair that failed then I would be jaded towards them. I am just surprised because of all of the rave reviews I have read about them.