turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Early spring?

Started by spurman, February 06, 2012, 03:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spurman

So far this is a mild winter for us. Been around for a while and this is the earliest daffodils have ever bloomed around here. They started blooming Jan. 31 and I took this pictur today.I  had lunch out on the deck today, wife was working in the yard in a short sleeve shirt, birds singing I just bet we get hit hard later this month.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

redarrow

Mid 50s today. Can it last?

Ol'Mossy

Don't count your turkey eggs before they're hatched  :gobble:

clarksvalley

Quote from: PaTurkHntr on February 06, 2012, 04:47:19 PM
Don't count your turkey eggs before they're hatched  :gobble:
its been pretty mild here in the northeast,but still plenty of time to get cold and nasty.

OLE RASPY

Saw 8 gobblers struttin :o out in a cut corn field in calhoun kentucky this morning on my way to pick up my hog meat.

Crappiepro

Its been nice havin some of these 45 to 50 degree days but yeah, I think we'll pay for it.

chatterbox

Been warm here. Temps are expected to hover in the high 30's to mid 40's till next week.
I agree with everyone else. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop. However, if we get an early spring, that's gonna really suck for May turkey season...... :-\

teke

I've been thinking we would pay for it for over a month. Now with birds talking I just don't know..

catrancher

There is a brush species in Texas called Elbow Bush commonly known as over/under brush but one of its other names is "spring herald".  I usually see it bud out the last week in Febuary or so.  Driving around the place today it is in full bud now.  About half January was in the 70's.  The Rios on this place seem to gobble year around so they are a poor indicator.

Ol'Mossy

We just got about 2" of snow today, not spring here yet

camp man

My azaleas are in full bloom and the turkeys are gobbling here.....

handcannon

Gotta love that first of spring feeling. Feel like you need to be in the woods doing what we do best.

gobbler777

The geese have headed north, the killdeer are back and the daffodils are blooming. Turkeys have been very visible with a lot of gobbling.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

TrackeySauresRex

Light dusting of snow here today,still very mild. I'm gettin pumped now!  :turkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Tail Feathers

East Texas has trees blooming out already.  That's pretty early.  We've had very little cold weather and only a handful of frosts this year.
I had to swat a couple of mosquitoes the other evening, it was 70 degrees at 5 o'clock.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!