turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hey Georgians!!

Started by Longspur321, February 04, 2012, 09:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longspur321

Guys, I got invited to hunt in Elbert and Hart counties this spring. I deer hunted a couple places there back in December but didn't see any birds at all. The guys we went meet claim there's turkeys but none of them actually turkey hunt. Anyone have experience hunting this general area?? There's a large plantation along the Broad River we can supposedly hunt too if that helps. I appreciate any information y'all have... Thanks
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

Cove

Not familiar with that particular area but I'm sure you'll be on birds. Georgia is full of'em! We got so many they're being hit by cars all the time! Won't quit eating the dead possums on the road long enough to get out of the way! ::) ::) :toothy12:

Longspur321

Quote from: Covehnter on February 06, 2012, 08:51:55 PM
Not familiar with that particular area but I'm sure you'll be on birds. Georgia is full of'em! We got so many they're being hit by cars all the time! Won't quit eating the dead possums on the road long enough to get out of the way! ::) ::) :toothy12:

Man, I hope you're right. I can't seem to find anyone who actually turkey hunts up there to comment on the subject. I'm starting to think they don't want this coon-a$$ going up there killing their birds...lol. I'm probably going anyway, so they might as well embrace me.... ;D
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Just go.  If you have a lot of ground and you're the only game in town, you'll be on birds

Turkey Trot

Turkeys are in those counties but no one can tell you if you'll be on property that has them roosting there, feeding there, or loitering. 

GA has a lot of birds.

On the other hand, if you want a better report, I'll go up there in the early part of the season and hunt if for you and provide a report so that you can come around April 10 when they are really getting after it.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Longspur321

Quote from: Turkey Trot on February 09, 2012, 12:07:37 PM
Turkeys are in those counties but no one can tell you if you'll be on property that has them roosting there, feeding there, or loitering. 

GA has a lot of birds.

On the other hand, if you want a better report, I'll go up there in the early part of the season and hunt if for you and provide a report so that you can come around April 10 when they are really getting after it.

Sounds like a deal bud....  only if you swear to hunt only from a popup, call with nothin' but a squealin' hen, and shoot 2 3/4" #9's with an improved cylinder choke.....at night ;)

SonicBanshee

Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!