OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mans best friend

Started by savduck, December 21, 2011, 06:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Here is Skipper my Chessie

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

ccleroy

savduck

Now we are talking GREAT looking dogs.
Georgia Boy

misfire

Quote from: savduck on December 29, 2011, 03:05:37 PM
Lee,  Im a little disappointed you didnt share the story of Stonewall and your double banded mallard. That is a story and picture very worthy of this post. He sure is a good looking boy.

Wish I had pictures of the chase and retrieve, but here is the story. Last year one of my son's friends took me to a swamp they had permission to hunt. It was a 10 minute ride to get there. We were breaking ice in the swamp, and had to walk about 60 yards in to get to the spot. It was overcast, spitting snow, generally not a good day to hunt. We sat there for two hours and didnt see or hear a duck. Stonewall is propped on a log shivering and I had had enough. Told the kid we were going to get a biscuit. So we unloaded our guns and began the walk out. Stonewall knew where the dry land was and was way ahead of us. The kid was in front of me about 10yds. Well, just before you hit dry land you have to cross a creek, about 10yds wide and 4 foot deep. Stonewall hit the creek then a HARD left. I was trying to figure out where he was going when the kid says "there is a duck". Wound up being a wounded hen mallard they shot the day before. She certainly wasnt dead, but couldnt fly real well. Stonewall is hot on her fanny, jumping over trees, busting through brush, at one point he is way to my left walking on ice. I lose sight of him and cant hear him so I call him back. A minute or so later I see glimpses of him coming back. Then he breaks though some brush and I see he has that duck in his mouth :happy0064: How about that? Didnt fire a shot and got a duck. Well, Stonewall is proud as he can be and he gets to within about 10yds of me I see her left leg. Yep, a silver band!!! Holy crap!!! I grab the duck and wring her neck. I am holding her by her neck with her belly facing outwards admiring the band. The kid then asks " Whats this other band and why is it green?"... Got a check a few weeks later from the federal government for $100. Needless to say, Stonewall gets a sausage biscuit on every hunt from now on. He was also nice enough to allow me to hold on to both of the bands for him

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

boomer

Here are my two but unfortunately I had to put both down last May. One to old age and the other got a brain tumor. Needless to say I didnt waterfowl hunt much this year didnt seem right without Boomer in the boat.

Copper

Boomer

savduck

Those were two fine looking dogs. sorry for your loss
Georgia Boy

misfire

Quote from: savduck on January 09, 2012, 10:56:10 PM
Those were two fine looking dogs. sorry for your loss

X2, couldnt imagine losing both at the same time. I have three, one is 10, one 7 and one 6

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Bonjour

Here is my duck dog, Drake. He is supposed to be a yellow lab, but has something else mixed in. He has been hunting with me for 8 years now, but his hips are getting pretty bad and I only got him out with me once this year during early season. He still loves to go and sit in the boat with me though.

turkey slayer

vaturkey

Im not a duck hunter but here's my Chessie, Philly ! 
Vaturkey

MDbowman

A few of Sadie, my 10 yo Chessie.

blowout tide!

Can

Brant

woodies

kwil13

There is nothing like duck hunting with a good dog
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.........John Wayne
Support NWTF
Support Delta Waterfowl

misfire

Quote from: MDbowman on January 11, 2012, 10:21:32 PM
A few of Sadie, my 10 yo Chessie.

blowout tide!

If I were that dog, I would spit the duck out just outside the boat, jump in and BITE you :TooFunny:

www.misfiregamecalls.net

kruk

Here's my boy George. Will turn 9 next month.

savduck

Man, thats a fine looking dog and some nice straps
Georgia Boy