only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

black cloud

Started by tyelper, February 24, 2012, 02:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyelper

anybody ever pattern any black cloud ammo

Philippe

I have when i used it for ducks. Would never use it for turkey though.

tyelper

Philippe

What do you want to know about it? I shot 3 inch 2's out of a mossy 835 with a carlsons extended modified choke. It didnt live up to its hype, shot no different than cheapy federal blue box steel.

tyelper

well i wasnt gonna shoot waterfowl ammo,,i was gonna try the 3'' 1 5/8 oz number 5

surehuntsalot

Quote from: tyelper on February 24, 2012, 05:54:01 PM
well i wasnt gonna shoot waterfowl ammo,,i was gonna try the 3'' 1 5/8 oz number 5

???????
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

wmahunter

It is just standard steel shot mixed with some rough-cut steel shot and I wouldn't shoot it at turkeys.

tyelper

sorry guys i mislead you all its prairie storm not black cloud what im talking about is the heavy pheasant loads,,,,just curious if it would work,,,,,,

again sorry for the mis lead,,,,,,

Philippe

Quote from: tyelper on February 25, 2012, 06:46:16 PM
sorry guys i mislead you all its prairie storm not black cloud what im talking about is the heavy pheasant loads,,,,just curious if it would work,,,,,,

again sorry for the mis lead,,,,,,

If it is the prairie storm LEAD version, yes it will work but i don't know how well it will pattern out of a tight turkey choke.

tyelper

yes prairie storm lead my boy uses it to hunt birds i thought about pattering some of it,,,,

surehuntsalot

now I got you,I would try it through a factory full choke first,I think you might be surprised
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Philippe

Quote from: tyelper on February 25, 2012, 10:53:34 PM
yes prairie storm lead my boy uses it to hunt birds i thought about pattering some of it,,,,

I actually used it for rabbit and squirrels outta my 20ga, does a number on them.

fsu33952

We patterned some of these Prairie Storm in 3" 1 5/8  in 5 shot, on Saturday. Killed a gobbler graveyard dead this morning at 39 yards through a browning full choke. His head was shot all to pieces. Turkey never flopped. His neck was broken in three places. I will shoot them any day.

lowoctane

Out of curiosity, do you have the pattern pic available?   :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

remmy1187

Does that load use the flitecontrol wad or is it just a field wad?