OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hastings choke tubes

Started by trkehunr93, February 05, 2012, 11:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

What are your thoughts on these chokes?

R AJ

They are no longer in business, thought #1.
I have a 665 Rem Choke that is still good, especially when used in the 3.5" loads.  I would like a 660, if available.

I have several Winchoke 20 gauge and like the .562 the best.
I was at first dubious about shooting HTL in them but have no fear at all now.
What is a good lead choke will print out even better HTL patterns.

A good choke for the Federal Flite Control loads if in the right constriction.
They are quality ,well made chokes but many other makes are now available.

redowl

They rock with lead.At least my .665 does.Mine is on a custom barrel i had a gunsmith do.True choke threads.

stinkpickle

I used to have a Hastings .690 in my old 835, and I had no complaints about how it performed with Win HV 3.5-2-6's.  I never counted holes in paper with it, but it shot dense, even patterns and smacked a lot of heads.

RS

I'm still using the same hastings .655 choke I've had on my 3" 870 since 2000. Its the only turkey choke I've ever owned. Killed a lot of gobblers using Win HV shells.

trkehunr93

Thanks for the input.  I was bidding on one on ebay and the price went to more than I wanted to pay.  It was for a Mossberg 500.

surehuntsalot

I have a .570 for my 20ga 870 and love it
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

MossRem

Too bad to hear about them going out of business. I ordered their tubes through Brownell's back in the 90s. I thought their tubes were great, I have a Skeet 2 tube of theirs for a Moss 500 and a .675 xtra-full tube for that gun, too.
Both tubes patterned great. The extra-full really seemed to like Winchester #5 shot.

rtsj

Quote from: RAJ on February 05, 2012, 01:21:16 PM
They are no longer in business, thought #1.
I have a 665 Rem Choke that is still good, especially when used in the 3.5" loads.  I would like a 660, if available.

I have several Winchoke 20 gauge and like the .562 the best.
I was at first dubious about shooting HTL in them but have no fear at all now.
What is a good lead choke will print out even better HTL patterns.

A good choke for the Federal Flite Control loads if in the right constriction.
They are quality ,well made chokes but many other makes are now available.

RAJ.   U interested in selling one of those .562 winchoke 20 ga. Hastings?  Looking for a good choke for my sons Mossy Super Bantam 20 for The Fed Heviweight 7's.  Dont know what other choke to use for it. Let me know.

Thanks Roy

redowl

just bought a hastings .690 for my 835.. 3in 1 7/8 oz   # 5  rem  nitros.40 yards   211 pellets in 15 inch  pizza box.106 in 10 inch circle.i think this is my turkey rig.going to try 3.5 /2/6s  next.