turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

CONTACT

Started by firstflight111, April 27, 2013, 01:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstflight111

well there's the first one in the books today .after hunting all week taking other guys and some youths out i get my turn .so far i watch 9 turkeys take a dirt nap and 2 misses  :drool: :drool:..

So i found a great roost yesterday loaded with nice toms ,So we get up real early at 3:00 am to be in the woods before 5:00 am so we get there and the turkeys are gobbling at 5 am (REALLY ) so we sneak in to the roost set up my double bull blind, put out 4 decoys get set in the blind .now we wait for 606 am for shooting time ,well at 610 the first one hit the ground at 30 yards then it was on. We had 9 toms 6 hens drop out of the trees with in 40 yards .The turkey where going nuts walking all around us .well we get 2 big toms in line one for my son and one for me .I make sure he set then i get on mine well a bigger one was off to my right so i switch turkeys and started the count 1 2 3 on 3 we shoot well just as i got to 3 Calvin's turkey took a step behind a tree ,so i shoot and dont hear calvin shoot so i look at him he said it moved right on 3 dad  sorry buddy . well that sucks he did not get the shot off . he wants to go do it again tomorrow  :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley:
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

bornagain64

Nice. congrats.
Hopefully you guys can double up next time, sounds like you have a good spot.

John

bornagain64

I come up with 54.37 points.
nice job, If you get a better bird I will up grade your score.
Good luck on the double.

John

timberjack86

firstflight111

Quote from: bornagain64 on April 28, 2013, 02:11:05 PM
Good luck on the double.

John
yeah, sorry about the small bird. i would not of shot it had my boy not been there ,i would of shot the bigger one but. i wanted to double up with him i have done it with my other 2 boy in the past that was the plan .
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

timberjack86

Quote from: firstflight111 on April 29, 2013, 02:53:17 PM
Quote from: bornagain64 on April 28, 2013, 02:11:05 PM
Good luck on the double.

John
yeah, sorry about the small bird. i would not of shot it had my boy not been there ,i would of shot the bigger one but. i wanted to double up with him i have done it with my other 2 boy in the past that was the plan .
Don't worry about it. Any bird will help till we reach 9 birds.