Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Come on tomorrow!

Started by davisd9, April 10, 2013, 12:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Looking forward to tomorrow.  I am getting to hunt with my mentor in the morning and cannot wait.  He is a true SC legend and I learn so much from him every time we talk and especially hunt together.  He is an amazing turkey hunter and even better man.  Come on Sunrise!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JVA54

trkehunr93

Good luck!  Nothing like hunting with someone that has taught you alot.

davisd9

Well we never got a shot on a bird but they were fired up at fly down.  Two birds and they must have gobbled 100 times between them.  Must have had hens cause I could not believe they did not come in when they were cutting off our calls with double and triple gobbles.  Heard them spit and drum a couple of times.  Figured out later they must have been on a ridge about 60 yards in front of us that kind of circled us.  If we were 30 yards closer to it than I think at least one of them would have been doing the broke neck shuffle. 

About 4:00 pm we got on another bird but he was across the river and the wind made it hard to put a position on him.  He gobbled about 20 times.  Lots of fun and excitement but the best part was the fellowship with a good man.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

Y'all will double up next time out.