turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What a weekend!!!

Started by nogoodreezen, April 08, 2013, 07:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nogoodreezen

This past weekend was the Kentucky youth hunt. My nine year old daughter decided this was the year she wanted to hunt. We roosted a few birds Friday night and came up with a plan. Usually these plans don't go exactly like you draw them up but this one did. We snuck in early and set up on a logging road. At daybreak I let out a little purr and a couple yelps and was greeted with a thundering gobble. The bird was less than 50 yards already. I shut up and just listened as he continued to gobble several times. I was getting ready to fly down cackle when I heard him fly down and saw him in the edge of the field. As soon as he spotted our decoys he blew up into a full strut. He came in drumming and spitting the entire way. He ignored the hen decoys and proceeded to wear my Jake out!  Ryleigh shot off the top of the decoy! He did a BACKFLIP and the party was on. He was dead two minutes after he flew down.  To make things better we got the whole thing on video. I am one proud Papa!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

bornagain64

Congrats to both of you.
Thats a great bird and great memory that you will both have forever.

John

nogoodreezen

Thanks bornagain. It was great. The bird scores almost 70 points. I would love to kill one just like it this Saturday.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

jarbo03

Awesome story, congrats to you both! Job well done.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2