Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Tn bird down!!!!

Started by Trevor2, March 30, 2013, 10:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

After drawing a big goose egg last year and not adding to the team, Im on the board this year. Got out of the truck about 5 mins before light this morning. Waited so late bc I was sure where these birds were roosting this year. 7:01 am and he gobbles at about 300 yards. So I haul tail to get to his flat and get within 75 yards of him. I get there and get setup and give him a few soft tree yelps to let him know im there. Well to my suprise two birds hammered back in the same spot. I gave em one more light series and they fired back again. I sat back and shut up. Finally at 7:20 they hammered again and was close. Less than 50 yards just under the crest of the ridge. I swung to my 2 o clock position and a hen that had snuck in silent alarm putted. These two gobbled at that to. When they did this time I seen two white heads. 45 yards and a quick yelp and the slightly smaller of the two birds got rolled up by the ol remi. 45 yards, 3" 2 oz magblends, remington 870 special purpose, never even flopped, dead as soon as the magblends hit him. Crazy thing is the wad only stopped 5 yards from him, traveled 40 yards. 9 1/2" beard, 7/8" spurs, and 19.5 lbs. Pics to come. Uploading now.
Strutstopper

backwater

Great job.    Congratulations

intherut

Congrats. Way to get on em!

neverstopchasin

congrats man. i hunt here in middle tn and didnt here a single gobble but seen some bird in fields but couldnt do nothin with them.

timberjack86

Quote from: neverstopchasin on March 30, 2013, 11:57:12 AM
congrats man. i hunt here in middle tn and didnt here a single gobble but seen some bird in fields but couldnt do nothin with them.
I didn't hear anything at aedc this morning. Congrats Trevor!!!

bornagain64

Nice job Trevor. Congrats on a nice bird.

John

jarbo03

Great job!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

longbeard11

Atta boy!! way to go man! Congrats