OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Barks!!!!

Started by Trevor2, April 23, 2011, 02:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

After my miss on this big boy wednesday, I had to redeem myself. Went in this morning bout an hour before daylight and got settled in my blind, napped till gobble time. Bout 6:45 I thought I heard one long ways off, then I heard it again, still long way, so while I'm listening to this bird gobble and trying to decide to go after him or stay put, I just glance out in front of me and low and behold there stands the strutter I missed wednesday. 40 yards behind my jake. This ol boy never gobbled and I never heard him fly down but he had to be roosted close, as I gave him a couple quick cuts to get his head up and squeezed the trigger and let the ol remington eat at 6:55. Quick hunt but very satisfying to redeem myself on this hoss. My biggest beard to date. 11" beard, weighed 18.5 lbs, and had .5 and .75 spurs. Even got lucky enough to kill one with the white markings on the tail fan that yall have been talking bout. First bird of the year. As I was packing the blind up, I heard that other bird two or three more times closing the distance, so I high tailed it out so not to spook him. My buddy was hunting about a mile down the road and killed one ten mins or so after I popped mine. Here are both birds on the woodpile.
Strutstopper

pagunslinger

Trevor2

Also forgot to add, that I totally forgot to take the mesh windows out of my blind this morning and in the heat of the moment, complety blew one out. lol not just a pattern size whole it destroyed the whole window lmao :z-guntootsmiley:
Strutstopper

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

tnturkeyman28

Big Boys Custom Calls
" I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Owner of Big Boys Custom Call making Custom Turkey Calls to Order. Mossy Oak Pro Staff The Good lord has Blessed me far more than I deserve. Philippians 4:13

JVA54

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Hognutz

Congrats on the nice gobblers. Redemption is a sweet thing. Well done, Trevor..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Wrangler95

:anim_65:

Very nice gobbler,congrats!!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Ol'Mossy

Quote from: Trevor2 on April 23, 2011, 02:55:58 PM
Also forgot to add, that I totally forgot to take the mesh windows out of my blind this morning and in the heat of the moment, complety blew one out. lol not just a pattern size whole it destroyed the whole window lmao :z-guntootsmiley:

That's funny, congrats on the birds

cannonball

pullit

way to come back and pop him. Congrats

LX_Trkyhntr

Congrats!!  Redemption is so sweet!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

J.Davidson

congats cuz now u gotta help me get one cause as u know im struggling pretty bad lol!!!

bowhunter84