OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Seats

Started by matchbook454, May 03, 2015, 09:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matchbook454

After some extremely long sits in WY the past few days I'm ready to toss my seat (pad on a Cabelas vest) in the trash.  Another guy had a Cabelas Gobbler Lounger which I tried and it was extremely comfortable.  Just wondering if there are any others anyone would suggest checking out? Any reviews for the Alpz outdoors chair?

Gamblinman

Alpz are the Cadillac of hunting chairs, albeit a little heavier. I carry one into the woods. Its a Browning,but made by Alpz.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

TRG3

A few years back, Campmor offered a fold-up ground lounger that I've used successfully for both deer and turkey hunting. My wife even made an elongated covered foam pad for my back and bottom since sitting for 5-6 hours gets old. Be sure to put a plastic bag under the ground lounger since your butt may touch the wet ground below. It's also great for sleeping as evidenced one turkey season when I snoozed off only to be awakened by a gobbler beating up my decoys! I did manage to successfully send a load of #5 shot his way, even in my groggy condition!

taylorjones20

Quote from: Gamblinman on May 03, 2015, 09:42:22 PM
Alpz are the Cadillac of hunting chairs, albeit a little heavier. I carry one into the woods. Its a Browning,but made by Alpz.

Gman

X2. Always carry it with me! Comfortable!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

coyotetrpr

just got a mossy oak turkey thugs seat at the walmart have no idea who makes it but it is very comfortable and seems pretty well built I love it and I think it was 20 bucks or so
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

dutch@fx4

I have the primos wingman chair and just love it ,wish I would have got one years ago ,,Dutch

Bill Cooksey

Quote from: matchbook454 on May 03, 2015, 09:38:10 PM
After some extremely long sits in WY the past few days I'm ready to toss my seat (pad on a Cabelas vest) in the trash. 

Great decision. I took the cushion off my vest years ago and never looked back. No cushion, no chair and a bunch of dead turkeys later, I'll never go back. Of course I also live in an area with plenty of trees to lean against. That might not be the case in your part of the country.

paturkeyhntr

I have the Cabelas Gobbler Lounger and love it.  Haven't tried any others.

matchbook454

Thanks guys!   Looks like there are a few good looking ones to choose from.  I'm guessing that I'd be happy with any of them. 

Boydawg

Quote from: coyotetrpr on May 04, 2015, 10:49:04 AM
just got a mossy oak turkey thugs seat at the walmart have no idea who makes it but it is very comfortable and seems pretty well built I love it and I think it was 20 bucks or so

These are on close out in our area for 15 bucks. Can't beat them for the $, I bought two.

budtripp

I have a gobbler lounger and I honestly don't know how I hunted all those years without it. Well worth it.

J. Adams

Have used a gob lounger from cabelas for going on 7-8 years now, it has killed me some turkeys I'd say, I am not the best sit and waiter, it makes it more tolerable.
Carrying the thing is an absolute somb though, it's too heavy, they all are, I'd pay double what they sell for now if they would make an aluminum model that weighed half.

Pros you cant sit a good while and be pretty comfy
cons clunky heavy pain to carry

Gobbler2577

Well I never thought I'd carry a chair in the woods, but after hunting this season with the thug chair I don't know how I got along without it.  I've had some back problems and sitting against a tree was becoming a problem but I can sit for hours comfortably in the chair.

jblackburn

I bought the turkey thug chair from walmart this year, best $20 I've spent in a while.  I'm not a small man and it is holding up just fine.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

TauntoHawk

I will occasionally pull out the Chair, yes it's way more comfortable but a huge pain to carry.

Thinking about switching to a kickstand vest
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>