turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkeys Not Gobbling on the Roost in My Area

Started by R AJ, March 18, 2011, 09:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R AJ

This makes for some bad mornings. They are gobbling after getting on the ground bur very little.  I saw two old bird sleavr their hens walk up to three jakes and they kept walking another 200 yards while their hens walked up to the jakes. Strange start so far. Called in everything but the one I was after this morning and it sounded like a turkey barn yard. Kee-keeing, yelps, cutts, clucks, purrs, and a few gobbles . Had nine at 15 yards at one time including a jake with 4" beard. Taking the queen of the house out tomorrow for her chance at first bird .

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

J Hook Max

Don't feel alone.Our turkeys in Monroe County are not exactly burning it up.I called in a couple of toms for a guy opening morning and have had tough hunting since.I refuse to sit around and bushwack one.

furtracker

Basser69

Their not Lighting up the woods is Coosa co. yet. They are still about two weeks off from getting stupid. Do like I did, take Momma and the kids to the beach for the weekend and let things calm down and relax the pressure on them. They will still be there when you get ready and they are too.
Ps, stand strong and call softly

R AJ

Well the queen did her thing yesterday and bagged her first ever turkey, a 15 1/4 lb jake w/double beards, 3 & 3 1/4 ". In 30 minutes she had six deer including a buck w/ horn on one side two jakes and a hen flew in . I was yelping to a gobbler that DID gobble on the roost for first time this year, and the jakes must havwe spotted her and thought she was the hen.
They promptly walked up to about 20 steps and when they seperate dshe took her opportunity. One did strutt a little so she saw that.

Gotta go to church.