turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Color changing camo

Started by eddie234, June 27, 2013, 11:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingbone

Lol haven't seen where it undergoes thermal metamorphosis, but it does have three different camo patterns built into one garment. As for changing from green to brown, news to me.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: guesswho on June 28, 2013, 07:58:45 PM
Stepped on a cotton mouth one time and changed the color of my camo on one side.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Quote from: Onpoint on June 28, 2013, 10:32:17 PM
Get ya some of this, a squealing hen, a dirty b decoy, and I promise you'll get some 2" hooks.
;D :icon_thumright:

natman

Quote from: eddie234 on June 27, 2013, 11:15:01 AM
Has any one seen the new zone camo from cabelas? It says it changes colors with the temp. It turns more green when it's warm and brown when its cooler.

This sounded like too much to be true, so I took a look at Cabela's website. Sure enough, it's not true.

The new "Zonz" camo uses a wide piece of fabric with three similar, but slightly different patterns printed on it. The idea is that if you're hunting from a tree stand, at least part of your garment will have a tree trunk on it, if you're hunting in brush, at least part of your garment will have brush on it, etc. It's an interesting refinement, but I'm not going to rush out to buy a new wardrobe to get it. 

No color changing or temperature sensing is involved.

http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=256677480

eddie234

Cabela's ColorPhase™ Seven-Button Long-Sleeve Shirt

Wear Cabela's ColorPhase Seven-Button Long-Sleeve Shirt into the field and watch your camo change with the conditions.?As the temperature drops, the green, mild-weather pattern transforms to muted shades of brown.?As the temperature warms back up, the pattern changes back to shades of green. Crafted with the durability to handle long days afield, the shirt is made of tough Silent Weave™ material that remains quiet when sneaking up on game. 7.3-oz. 60/40 cotton/polyester construction. Two chest pockets with button-close flaps. Extra-long tail stays tucked in when you're crouched. Imported.
Sizes: S-3XL.

Rokhal07

Quote from: Wingbone on June 28, 2013, 11:08:15 PM
Lol haven't seen where it undergoes thermal metamorphosis, but it does have three different camo patterns built into one garment. As for changing from green to brown, news to me.
. Its on pg 183 of the cabelas archery catalog

natman

Quote from: eddie234 on June 29, 2013, 12:16:51 PM
Cabela's ColorPhase™ Seven-Button Long-Sleeve Shirt

Wear Cabela's ColorPhase Seven-Button Long-Sleeve Shirt into the field and watch your camo change with the conditions.?As the temperature drops, the green, mild-weather pattern transforms to muted shades of brown.?As the temperature warms back up, the pattern changes back to shades of green. Crafted with the durability to handle long days afield, the shirt is made of tough Silent Weave™ material that remains quiet when sneaking up on game. 7.3-oz. 60/40 cotton/polyester construction. Two chest pockets with button-close flaps. Extra-long tail stays tucked in when you're crouched. Imported.
Sizes: S-3XL.

Thanks for the pointer. Looking for Colorphase instead of "zone" I found this:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-ColorPhasetrade-Zonztrade-Western-Cap/1624429.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FD%3Dcolorphase%26N%3D%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dcolorphase%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%253BDYM%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26isLiberal%3DN%26search%3Dcolorphase%26searchTypeByFilter%3DAllProducts%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_stype%3DDYM&Ntt=colorphase&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products%3BDYM

Sure enough it claims to change with the temperature. The greens become muted and the entire garment gets greyer. Very clever.

The confusion arose because it uses the Colorphase to switch between two different Zonz patterns, but there are other Zonz items that don't change color.

Something new every day.

ShotGunSniper

Quote from: guesswho on June 28, 2013, 07:58:45 PM
Stepped on a cotton mouth one time and changed the color of my camo on one side.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag

opster246

Quote from: mikejd on June 27, 2013, 09:15:49 PM
Quote from: sixbird on June 27, 2013, 08:09:49 PM
They sent me a flyer in the mail and, to be honest, I couldn't understand what they were getting at so I threw it in the trash...Who ever formulated that advertising campaign needs some lessons in promotion clarity...Or, maybe I'm just a little slow   :-[

Funny you say that. Same thing here. I just took a look at it and said what is this and threw it away. Oh well.

ME TOO!

nativeks

I'll just stick with my Natural Gear.

I am sure some yuppies are clammoring to get them some of that.

Onpoint

I don't care how many different colors it changes. I highly doubt it'll even come close to breaking up your outline like predator fall grey.

Onpoint

Quote from: Onpoint on July 08, 2013, 04:17:27 PM
I don't care how many different colors it changes. I highly doubt it'll even come close to breaking up your outline like predator fall grey.
Thought I was on archery talk. The fall grey is not my first choice for spring turkey hunting, although on cold mornings I do throw on my grey wolf fleece turtle neck ( predator fall grey ) and chase gobblers. Any camo will work just fine. It's all about your setup and bein still. I understand Good camo does give you an edge. If you want the best turkey hunting camo, get some ASAT and predator spring green. It's not pretty by any means but this is the best there is ( IMO )

beagler

Never Misses

Rokhal07

Quote from: Onpoint on July 08, 2013, 04:23:02 PM
Quote from: Onpoint on July 08, 2013, 04:17:27 PM
Thought I was on archery talk. The fall grey is not my first choice for spring turkey hunting, although on cold mornings I do throw on my grey wolf fleece turtle neck ( predator fall grey ) and chase gobblers. Any camo will work just fine. It's all about your setup and bein still. I understand Good camo does give you an edge. If you want the best turkey hunting camo, get some ASAT and predator spring green. It's not pretty by any means but this is the best there is ( IMO )

Yeah i need to get some more predator. The osceola i shot had razor hooks and shredded my shirt sleeve. Agreed not pretty but does its job

Tail Feathers

I'll stick with MO Obsession or Realtree w/green.  I have enough to last me a while. :goofball:

I still sport a few MO Shadow Leaf shirts during the spring.  Best spring camo for my area I've ever seen.  Too bad they stopped making it.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!