OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

looking for a new grill

Started by clarksvalley, July 09, 2011, 11:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarksvalley

the wife and i are in the market for a new gas grill.the last one we had did`nt last too long,my fault did`nt keep it covered.looking for something to grill your basics hot dogs,burgers,steaks,chicken,and of course wild turkey.any suggestions.

hookedspur

I bought one from Lowe's earlier and we like it very much . Cooks even and will get hot enough to sear a thick steak .
Its just me and my wife so we got the 2 burner model my son bought the same kind in a 3 burner and they are nice.

Char-Broil  Commercial Series 2-Burner Quantum Gas Grill

Item #: 212563 |  Model #:463243911
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

longspur

I've never used one or ate anything cooked on one but there is a big rage about the GREEN EGG. Lots of my friends and people I work with talk good about them

clarksvalley

we were looking at the char broil at lowes.whats the whole deal with the infarred cooking and how is it to clean up.its just me and her so the two burner would probably fit the bill,have to check the price difference between the two and three burner.

stinkpickle

Although they tend to be a little pricey on a feature-by-feature basis, Weber grills (gas or charcoal) are going to be hard to beat.  They tend to last MUCH longer than cheaper grills, and they are consistent performers.  Plus, they're made in the good ol' USA.

Those Big Green Eggs are awesome too, but they're expensive, heavy, and FRAGILE!  They make great smokers, though.  

My dream patio would have a Big Green Egg, a Weber charcoal kettle, a Weber gasser, and a Stumps smoker.   ;)

TauntoHawk

a weber with a cast iron surface is going to out last any other grill, wish i would have just spent the money and gotten one when i was looking for a grill 2yrs back
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

barry

Check out Holland Grills

http://www.hollandgrill.com/

I've had one for 15 years now and never had to replace one part AND it would take several trucks to haul all the meat that has been cooked on it!!! We use it year 'round.
I paid about $400 for it and its been worth every penny.

Plus it cooks with low heat so you don't have to keep checking it.

honker22

Been cooking on my Weber gas for 6 years without a problem.  Had a Weber for at least that long before this one.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

vaturkey

Bought a Weber 10 years ago. All stainless & never rust. I use it year round. 3 burners & cooks even. Very good on propane also. If & when any of the parts wear out Weber will replace within 7 years for free. I have the silver series. Whatever you get invest in a good cover to protect it from all the elements.

vaturkey  :newmascot:
Vaturkey

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: stinkpickle on July 09, 2011, 12:23:06 PM
Although they tend to be a little pricey on a feature-by-feature basis, Weber grills (gas or charcoal) are going to be hard to beat.  They tend to last MUCH longer than cheaper grills, and they are consistent performers.  Plus, they're made in the good ol' USA.

Those Big Green Eggs are awesome too, but they're expensive, heavy, and FRAGILE!  They make great smokers, though.  

My dream patio would have a Big Green Egg, a Weber charcoal kettle, a Weber gasser, and a Stumps smoker.   ;)

Weber grills are the way to go. 

I have a Weber charcoal grill and I wouldn't trade it for any gas grill myself.

GSLAM95

The Green Egg is nice and I have ate food cooked off of it but my next purchase will be a Traeger Lil' Tex Elite.  I have a friend that has one and we had some smoked pork steaks on the 4th that would knock your socks off. 

I know several people that have made the investment and the only complaint is that they use it more than they ever did there other grills of years past.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

lightsoutcalls

My vote is for the Char Broil Quantum.  I bought one in early spring and LOVE it.  I just finished grilling chicken breasts, warmed some fresh pineapple salsa and pan fried sweet potato strips in a couple of spoon fulls of oil with a bit of cinnamon and sugar on mine.  I have grilled apple slices and pineapple slices, squash and onions, burgers, smoked sausage, hotdogs, steaks, chops, chicken... 
The infrared grill heats up to 700 degrees and cooks without direct flame.  You can throw on some wood chips, or in my case offcuts from pot calls and striker (pecan, cherry, hickory, mesquite) right on the grill surface for some smoke flavor on a gas grill.  If you catch the wood just right, you can save what you used to smoke one day to use as charcoal another day. 
The grates on this one are made of stainless.  I usually burn off any meat, sauce, etc. that gets stuck on the grates and clean it with a wire brush before using it the next time. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

clarksvalley

thanks for all the input guys we went to home depot today and purchased a weber.just got done putting it together,it was a breeze looks like a really well made grill.

ffmsb

Just some information Gander Mountain has a gas/charcoal/smoker all in one in a small and large size ( small one is about 300 and the large is 449-499)

bird

After owning a few different grills over the years and wearing them out way faster than they should of worn out we finally bought a Weber some time back and am very happy with it.  It has been the best grill we have ever owned out of them all.