turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3 turkey's one shot

Started by gobblerfreak, June 17, 2011, 01:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flydown

I'm not impressed. :-\  I guess the laughing at the end turned me off.

TnTurk

The fact that he got 3 in 1 shot just didn't impress me at all. Not a fan of killin just to be killin. Sorry, I guess seeing 3 beautiful birds flopping and the guys laughing about it at the end just turned me off to that video.

turkey slayer

Quote from: Flydown on June 18, 2011, 12:41:44 AM
I'm not impressed. :-\  I guess the laughing at the end turned me off.
:agreed:

OLE RASPY

The killing 3 part dont bother me its the way they laughed about it at the end.

Stoner

I do not consider killing three turkeys as anything special, to me it is not ethical. That is just my opinion.

BigGobbler

Yea not much to look at- recorded game call wow thats real sportsman like right there. And when the guy did make a call he sucked.

Basser69

Quote from: OLE RASPY on June 18, 2011, 09:43:41 PM
The killing 3 part dont bother me its the way they laughed about it at the end.

Shotgun

Ya'll are just jealous and wish you could shoot 3 turkeys in one shot.  Why do you feel the need to criticize someone that made a heck of a shot?

;D

savduck

Doesnt bother me in the least, its legal here in GA. I think they were laughing because of pure excitement and rush of shooting a turkey. I get the feeling they didnt purposely line up all three it just kinda happened. I dont think any of them could believe it happened.

I still get excited when hunting and laugh when ending a successful hunt with a hunting buddy. Guess I havent killed enough in 19 seasons  to get over the emotions ( or killing a jake every now and then)
Georgia Boy

TnTurk

Quote from: Shotgun on June 20, 2011, 09:58:16 PM
Ya'll are just jealous and wish you could shoot 3 turkeys in one shot.  Why do you feel the need to criticize someone that made a heck of a shot?

I don't think jealously has anything to do with it. It's more along the lines of having respect for the game we hunt.  Most turkey hunters with any years under their belt, myself included, have had the opportunity to take two or more toms with one shot. Legal or not, I just don't believe it's the ethical thing to do. The rush we get when that ol gobbler approaches and pulling the trigger is all well and good, but the hunt is where memories are made. Why end your season with one shot?  JMHO

;D

BoWhoop

Quote from: TnTurk on June 21, 2011, 12:29:23 AM
Quote from: Shotgun on June 20, 2011, 09:58:16 PM

I don't think jealously has anything to do with it. It's more along the lines of having respect for the game we hunt.  Most turkey hunters with any years under their belt, myself included, have had the opportunity to take two or more toms with one shot. Legal or not, I just don't believe it's the ethical thing to do. The rush we get when that ol gobbler approaches and pulling the trigger is all well and good, but the hunt is where memories are made. Why end your season with one shot?  JMHO

;D

Did you not see the smilie at the end of his post?

I look at it like this, if it's legal, then its none of my business.  The laughing, yeah, people do that sometimes.  I understand wanting to set a good example and all, but if this was all legal, then it is no more than 3 clean kills.  Nothing wrong with clean kills.

Shotgun

Maybe he only had 1 day to hunt.   :newmascot:

Just curious for everyone that says you would only shoot one at a time.  Let's say 3 turkeys were legal to kill in a singal day and you only had 1 day to hunt.  It's the last hour of your 1 day hunt and the oppurtunity to kill all 3 presents itself.  What do you do?  Shoot one and be happy or kill as many as possible.

guesswho

Quote from: Shotgun on June 21, 2011, 07:08:22 PM
It's the last hour of your 1 day hunt and the oppurtunity to kill all 3 presents itself.  What do you do?  Shoot one and be happy or kill as many as possible.
One for me.  I've killed three in one day on a couple of occasions but hours apart.  I've also killed one in Georgia and one in Alabama the same day several times, but I'm not pulling the trigger with three in my sights.  Just don't feel right to me. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

TRKYHTR

I've killed 2 turkeys in 2 different states in 2 days, twice. I had the opportunity to kill multiple turkeys with 1 shot in Texas but didn't take it. I wanted to hunt more than 1 day. I've also had many opportunities to kill multiple turkeys here in CA but you can only kill 1 turkey a day here. It happened on Sunday of opening day here in CA this year. We had to let the turkeys walk because there was no way to shoot and not kill multiple turkeys. Joey killed the biggest gobbler an hour later. To each his own if it is legal where you hunt. If I only had 1 day to hunt and 3 tags in my pocket and it was legal to kill 3 with 1 shot. They are in trouble. JMO

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

gotcha

No thanks but similiar to Joe I came real close to killing 3 in 3 states in a 24 hour period.Afternoon hunt in Wy,morning hunt in Mt{both kills}and the next afternoon in SD.The SD bird hung up.Heck yeah I woulda took him if the situation presented itself.