turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mueller Quick Shot vs. Sightmark Sure Shot Reflex Sight

Started by WildSpur, February 21, 2011, 08:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildSpur

I have been eyeing up the Mueller.  While checking youtube.com someone had a video of the Sightmark Sure Shot Reflex Sight.  This thing looks identicle just with different reticle options. 

Anyone have any inside info?  This sight is nearly 1/2 the price of the Mueller.  I am affraid to spend $100 on a sight that is really a $50 sight.

Thanks!  :cowboy:

Cluck more, yelp less

sugarray

I have no idea about the Sightmark, but I have tested the Mueller to the best of my ability and I am 110% confident it will not fail.

killdee

I cant speak for that particular sight but look for what ever your buying where there is a review if possible and several places. I was looking at a $50 version on Amazon and several folks slammed it. I to need a low priced version myself but I dont want to buy junk. The Mueller seems to be a good compromise so far. Im still looking though.

mossy835

I have to agree with Ray, I have mine mounted (Mueller)and it is solid. I will pattern it as soon as the rain lets up, my buddies all want to try now that they have seen it.

chatterbox

From what I have seen, the Mueller is the way to go. Ray did a very extensive test, and alot of other guys have praised the Mueller as well.
I need to do some pattern testing, and I'll also post up my results with my mueller when the weather is warm enough to make it worth my while.

paladin

I have also looked at the Sightmark brand. The only review I found was it was not bright enough for a sunny day.
"have gun-will travel"

sugarray

Quote from: chatterbox on February 22, 2011, 06:15:47 AM
From what I have seen, the Mueller is the way to go. Ray did a very extensive test, and alot of other guys have praised the Mueller as well.
I need to do some pattern testing, and I'll also post up my results with my mueller when the weather is warm enough to make it worth my while.

My season will be over before you get rid of the snow and cold temps.

WildSpur

Has anyone noticed POI changes when switching between reticles?

Cluck more, yelp less

mossy835

Quote from: WildSpur on February 22, 2011, 10:18:24 AM
Has anyone noticed POI changes when switching between reticles?

I used a laser bore sight when I mounted the Mueller and I did not notice any change after I matched the sight to the laser dot on the wall as I changed reticule. The center of the reticule was the same for each one.

chatterbox

Quote from: sugarray on February 22, 2011, 08:17:23 AM
Quote from: chatterbox on February 22, 2011, 06:15:47 AM

My season will be over before you get rid of the snow and cold temps.

Supposed to be in the mid to upper 40's on Thursday. That's when I'm heading out to sight in.

BigHooks

I was at gander mt. today an talk to one of the guy's in the gun department an he said the sightmark wouldn't hold up to the pounding of a turkey rig.

Gobspur

Bump.

For what it's worth.  I've had the Sightmark Sure Shot Reflex in camo on my 870 for 3 full seasons now, and having nothing but good things to say about it.  I shoot 3 1/2 inch 2oz loads, and it is still holding zero perfectly.  Have even hunted a few times in the rain with it with no issues.  Battery life is very good, although I change at the beginning of each season and always carry a spare.  Red dot brightness is excellent and has 6 adjustments, as well as 4 different reticles.  Appears identical to the Mueller to me. Probably same company making them.

catclr

Had a Mueller a few years back, got rid of it, will not use a reflex sight, as the least costly ones glare.  I spooked three gobblers and a bunch of hens with the reflex, made a cover for it, so I could finish the season, never did get a bird, and then sold it, bought the Vortex Striker Fire, and have not look backed, and killed gobblers ever since.

M R Ducks

I have a Mueller quick shot. It is the single biggest piece of junk I've ever purchased.  Will not hold zero for anything. Just bumping the gun throws it off. Just absolute junk! Don't waste your time, just buy a fast fire or speed bead.