OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Williams fire sights or tru glo mag ??

Started by Swampchickin234, February 02, 2016, 03:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampchickin234

As the title says.  Help me decide!  Thanks y'all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie234

Half a dozen of one six of the other. I've got the magnum gobbled dots and like them real well.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Bowguy

I had the old Williams on a mag 10. I liked em n they seemed fairly low. Can't find em n bought some fire sights for my 835. Cannot see any way possible to shoot em. They're so high that to properly mount gun you look under sight. Guess that's the nature of em but if you gotta shoot quick n you're a  shotgunner who points naturally I think you may find them unsuitable.

Isomaad

I have both and prefer the Williams over the Tru-glo and have no issues with the height of them.

Birdman

Been using the Williams Fire Sights for the last 12 years on my gun. The set up is easy and have had no problems with them.

backwater

Used the Tru Glow until the vision headed south.   Burris FF3 now.

slicksbeagles1

Williams made in USA  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an and great customer service

WyoHunter

I had Williams on my gun and it worked fine but I changed to a scope after a couple of years. Found myself looking over the sights once and almost missed the bird. Scope works better for me .
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Isomaad

Quote from: backwater on February 25, 2016, 09:19:46 AM
How does the FF3 help with vision vs the Tru-glo since the FF3 isn't a magnified optic?  I'm trying to decide if I should stick with my Williams sights, go to a FF3, Vortex Venom, or got to a magnified optic like a Simmons Prodiamond.  My vision is getting to the point that a change in sights might be required in the not so distant future.  So I was just curious how the FF3 would help over a fiber optic sight?  Thanks!

backwater

Quote from: Isomaad on March 06, 2016, 10:17:47 AM
How does the FF3 help with vision vs the Tru-glo since the FF3 isn't a magnified optic?  I'm trying to decide if I should stick with my Williams sights, go to a FF3, Vortex Venom, or got to a magnified optic like a Simmons Prodiamond.  My vision is getting to the point that a change in sights might be required in the not so distant future.  So I was just curious how the FF3 would help over a fiber optic sight?  Thanks!

I wear glasses for reading and as my, as well as others my age, prescription increased I could no longer precisely line up the two sights.   Similar to lining up your peep and sight when using a compound bow.  Sucks getting old.  For me, I have no problem seeing and putting the red dot on a gobblers head.  Hope I explained it well enough.   

Isomaad

Quote from: backwater on March 06, 2016, 12:04:53 PM
Quote from: Isomaad on March 06, 2016, 10:17:47 AM

I wear glasses for reading and as my, as well as others my age, prescription increased I could no longer precisely line up the two sights.   Similar to lining up your peep and sight when using a compound bow.  Sucks getting old.  For me, I have no problem seeing and putting the red dot on a gobblers head.  Hope I explained it well enough.
Yep, that makes sense and you explained it perfectly.  I may just have to go ahead and make the switch and be prepared for the inevitable.  Now...FF3 or Venom?  Decisions, decisions!  Lol!

backwater

Isomaad, I can only speak for tha FF3 and I'm liking it.  I installed it on my Nova using the Weaver 336 base.   Tons of great info about red dots on this site.