OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Spooked bird?

Started by Uchee creek gobblers, March 22, 2014, 06:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uchee creek gobblers

My wife missed a bird this morning, how long you think it will be before he'll get fired up again?
ALABAMA NOGGIN' KNOCKER

55esox

He should be killable in the morning. I Wouldn't expect to kill him in the same set up though.

Uchee creek gobblers

Okay I was thinkin the same thing I'm gonna try and come in from a different way to him in the mornin if the rain don't shut em down. I was jus hoping it wouldn't shut him down for a while.
ALABAMA NOGGIN' KNOCKER

memert116

get after him from a different set up in the morning

ssettle

change you location up a little and using a different sounding call should do it.

g8rvet

I think it depends a little. I have shot a bird and had his buddy stand over his dead body gobbling and strutting-after his initial surprise I called him back to shotgun range (could not shoot, I was alone-just wanted to see if I could) .  How spooked was he?  Did ya'll move after the shot?  How hard did he bug out?  Did he fly off or run off? 

If he is the only game you have, give him a shot and see what happens. If you know of another bird and don't have competition for this one, I would give him a couple of days. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

L.F. Cox

If he not hurt bad they can be called in to a different location the day it happens.....because I've pulled off twice in the same day and once the next morning

Keep in mind that they also can become un-killable.

g8rvet

So you're saying either they are killable, or not?   :emoticon-animal-005:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

TnRidgeRunner

Lol, I think he was saying it's hunting. But I like your style  :you_rock: