OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What choke for SBEII and lead?

Started by Borden811, February 10, 2013, 08:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

Hey guys, I've got benelli SBEII with a 26 inch barrel. Currently I shoot hevi 13 6s nd 7s out of an Indian Creek BDS, and a Wright's No. 3. Those combos shoot great, but with the prices of HTL going up, I'm looking to get head of the game, and find a good lead combo. So, what seems to shoot good out of the benelli as fars a lead goes. Chokes, loads, etc. I know every gun is different, I'm just looking for a good point to start.

2much2loud

Best I found where win hv 3.5 2 oz out of a hs undertaker choke believe it or not... I wish I still had the choke I don't remember the numbers ... When the weather turns I'm going to see what they do in the Indian creek

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: Borden811 on February 10, 2013, 08:17:47 PM
Hey guys, I've got benelli SBEII with a 26 inch barrel. Currently I shoot hevi 13 6s nd 7s out of an Indian Creek BDS, and a Wright's No. 3. Those combos shoot great, but with the prices of HTL going up, I'm looking to get head of the game, and find a good lead combo. So, what seems to shoot good out of the benelli as fars a lead goes. Chokes, loads, etc. I know every gun is different, I'm just looking for a good point to start.

Start with Winchester HV or if you can find them the old Fed Pre-FCW lead loads and the chokes you already have.

Borden811

I've been looking high and low for "lead gold". None to be found anywhere around here. Based on what I've been reading, it seems the Winchester HV loads are the go to, or at least a good place to start.

scdxt

I shoot a m2 Benelli. Should be about same except not 3.5. I shoot a kicks .655 and 3 17/8 6 Winchester red shell. I get around 120-130 in 10" at forty. Also shoots the hv black shells good. I'm in the 110-120 with 5's. hope this helps. From what I hear the Benelli barrels I.D.  Is sometimes smaller than standard and likes the tighter chokes.

daddylongspurs

when i hunted with my SBEII i had unreal results with a kicks .660, and win 3.5", 2 1/4 oz #6s 

SumToy

They will want a small choke.  650 to 660
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Borden811

Well, the wrights is a 650, so that might be the ticket.

stinkpickle

Agreed.  I would try Winchester HV's and XX's first.

budtripp

Not to sound like a broken record but I'd start with Win HV 5's and 6's. My SBE2 patterns well with both through a kicks .655