Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, March 10, 2013, 10:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3" 870 Shell Shucker

3" #6 Turkey Thugs Lead at 40 Yards at 73 Degrees
3" 870 with 28" Barrel and .665 Indian Creek Choke

3" 870 Shell Shucker

knightrider

TnTurk

I think you just set a record with those patterns. It just aint gonna get any better that those. I think your patterning days are over my friend.   :fud:

booth

captin_hook

Awsome patterns. It doesn't get much better with lead. Does anyone know if they make these shells in 3.5 inch?

captin_hook

WildSpur

Yep.  The 3.5" is a 2oz load.  Fortunately for me my Walmart has 5 and 6 shot.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

lowoctane

Those are great hunting patterns!
DEAD ROOSTER!
:fud:                 :OGani:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Gooserbat

you had better quit now while your ahead.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

These shells are Buffered Lead, without any Copper-plating or Nickel-plating.  Just hard Lead.  Simple-looking Wad.

I don't know why they work, they just work.

bowhunter2k9

I wonder what a JH would do... I have to get some.. maybe in 3.5
Romans 8:38-39

BrowningGuy88

I have several boxes of the old Feds in 3.5/2.25/5's and 6's - with the way these new ones are shooting I will be buying a bunch and adding to the stash!

Longshanks

Congrats! That's a great feeling when you turn patterns like that with lead. When I started turning 150-170 in a 10 @ 40 with Pb 6's out of my two lead slingers..I was done buying HTL. It's nice to pay 14.99 for 10 shells Win XX. :z-guntootsmiley:

mightyjoeyoung

Give me a federal load with the triple plus was any day over the fright control (not a typo).  My 835 puts up right at 160 avg with the grand slam 3.5/2/6 pb loads at 40 yards.  Looks like the new thug loads are nothing more than the old strut shoks...which is a GOOD THING.  The FC was was a fix for a problem that didn't exist unless you only hunted with a mod choked gun.  Even then the pattern performance upgrade still didn't set the world on fire.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.